ATH M50 vs Shure srh750dj :D for the 10th and last time XD
Dec 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

prcpower

New Head-Fier
ATH M50 vs Shure srh750d

So guys:D
Listening to all your ranting about these phones it got me confused...
It seems half of you prefer m50 other half 750dj.
I would like only the ones that tried both phones give me a review:)
Like that's going happen.
popcorn.gif

I listen to rock/fusion/pop/classical/progressive.
PC-E-mu 0404-indeed/bravo/muse tube amp-phones..

And whats that about m50's 2010model?
It sucks?
I really cant decide.
And cant try them in store.
Cheers!

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi. 

The M50 has been quite popular for a while now, so your poll should easily reflect that. 

I own the SRH750DJ, but not the M50. The 750DJ is pretty kick butt. I'm guessing clearer sounding than the M50.

Those who have heard both will prefer one or the other, but not everyone will prefer one over the other. 

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 8
No he's saying every1 has their own prefers how it should sound like, that's why you can't say which is better headphone, even if there would be several people who have tried both some would say the Shures, others would say M50.

What I've gathered is that 750DJ is warmer sounding with more bass output (at least more punch) and slightly smoother highs compared to M50, M50 is like rather neutral sounding or just slightly on the warm side that does everything fine, nothing exceptional and nothing bad either. The newer M50 seems to have less bass and slightly brighter highs than the old M50 (the one I tried was the white boxed which is supposed to be newer). I haven't heard the Shures but I could imagine with the added warmth it's slightly less clear/analytical sounding than M50 which is either a god or bad thing depending on your taste.

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
No he's saying every1 has their own prefers how it should sound like, that's why you can't say which is better headphone, even if there would be several people who have tried both some would say the Shures, others would say M50.

What I've gathered is that 750DJ is warmer sounding with more bass output (at least more punch) and slightly smoother highs compared to M50, M50 is like rather neutral sounding or just slightly on the warm side that does everything fine, nothing exceptional and nothing bad either. The newer M50 seems to have less bass and slightly brighter highs than the old M50 (the one I tried was the white boxed which is supposed to be newer). I haven't heard the Shures but I could imagine with the added warmth it's slightly less clear/analytical sounding than M50 which is either a god or bad thing depending on your taste.

the different colored boxes don't really have a different sound, it's just a placebo effect that people got after misreading an article about burn-in, where the "newer" one didn't sound like the "older" (the burnt-in one) one. burn-in > different boxes

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
the different colored boxes don't really have a different sound, it's just a placebo effect that people got after misreading an article about burn-in, where the "newer" one didn't sound like the "older" (the burnt-in one) one. burn-in > different boxes

I have never heard the "old M50s" so I do not know how they sound however the M50s I bought from The Guitar Center came in white and blue box.  As far as SQ concern, I do not think they excell any of my cans so I have them returned. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back