ATH-M50, Shure 440, or Sennheiser 558? HELP!!
Mar 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BTFbossman

Head-Fier
Ok so im looking for a nice headphone i can do use while im weight training in my basement so i dont have to blast music so the whole house can hear. 

Now ive done a lot of reserch on the Ath m50 and sennheiser 555 but since i did all that research they released the 558 and 598 and i heard the shure 440 are really in that level also. 

I will be listening to mostly rock and hardcore music. i will also be using them to watch movies and tv shows on my computer. Im running an Asus M4A785-M motherboard so theres plenty of power out of that.

I hope this is enough info to get me some good responses
thank you guys :)

Mar 27, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 9
i can say that i have an order for shure srh 440, but i am already thinking to calncel it for shure srh 840, and i am going to look into ath m50 (all of these overpriced in europe)... but... sennheiser is underpriced compared to america, as sennheiser company is just next to all of us, i would look into them too,...

sennheiser hd380pro is the only thing that i have aleady tried and have a lot of clampforce, to not fall off your head.....
i heard about the thing that shure have it too, other no..... 

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
its just weight training not cardio theres not much sweating done there

Oh, i thought it was serious weight training. 
tongue.gif

Now regarding to headphones, you'll need something with a decent soundstage for watching movies. The M50's are great for music, but their soundstage is not enough. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #8 of 9
My M50s get sweaty after a little even when I'm just sitting there so you should maybe look for a pair of open headphones so your ears will be able to breathe. Open headphones normally have bigger soundstages than closed ones so it'll be good for movies and stuff.

Quote:
its just weight training not cardio theres not much sweating done there

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 9

lol sureee...i guess i said movies but i ment TV, is their soundstage good enough for tv?
Quote:

Oh, i thought it was serious weight training. 
tongue.gif

Now regarding to headphones, you'll need something with a decent soundstage for watching movies. The M50's are great for music, but their soundstage is not enough. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back