ATH M50 Expectations?
Apr 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #31 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they look awesome. Do you think they would be a good replacement for XB700 for portable use?

I personally like the way they look too, but the were a little bulky when walking around with them, usually use my Triple fi 10's when walking around. I never heard the XB700's so I can't really say.

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #32 of 370
Oh yeah, I still wouldn't wear the M50s in public, but I wouldn't wear ANY full sized headphone in public. IEM strictly.

I like the classy black look of the M50s. They are all business, and they DO mean business. The only other headphones I have bought that I prefer the look of is my DT880s. I just think full sized headphones look goofy in public. They'd have to be pretty small and STILL circumaural for me to consider wearing them.

I actually like the look of the Monster Beats for public use, but that's about it. I'd never buy one in a million years.

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #33 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@mad lust envy, im not comparing both im just suggesting es10 is better overall. as ive said before your paying for the quality. and who cares if m50 is good i dont give a **** about that
smily_headphones1.gif

the OP cares...actually its the opposite, no one cares how good the es10 sounds in this thread...look at the title and get the hint.

I think you are just being silly with your es10 ego. fine, its a good headphone and all, but the OP is asking specifically about the M50. if he wanted info on es10 he would go to other threads and maybe read your es10 appreciation thread!

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #34 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the OP cares...actually its the opposite, no one cares how good the es10 sounds in this thread...look at the title and get the hint.

I think you are just being silly with your es10 ego. fine, its a good headphone and all, but the OP is asking specifically about the M50. if he wanted info on es10 he would go to other threads and maybe read your es10 appreciation thread!

You have what I was gonna say perfectly worded
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #36 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i care
smily_headphones1.gif
care to share your experience with esw10jpn?

I smell a troll.

Again, this is a thread about the M50 which OP has ALREADY bought. He wasn't asking what's better. Get it?

LEAVE THIS THREAD.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #39 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, I still wouldn't wear the M50s in public, but I wouldn't wear ANY full sized headphone in public. IEM strictly.

I like the classy black look of the M50s. They are all business, and they DO mean business. The only other headphones I have bought that I prefer the look of is my DT880s.

Not only does it look good, I like the build quality as well. It is solid, feels much better than Sony V6 in my hands. Great sound, I love them.

I also prefer IEM in public but sometimes I wonder if I will eventually die because of that. They block out noise so I am not aware of what is happening around me, and since they are small, people won't notice I am wearing them, thus not knowing that I don't hear anything.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #40 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by phandrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the DT150 to be an upgrade from M50

sigh. who cares about upgrade? this thread is about M50! people, get it?

you know what, hd800 is an upgrade from your dt150. ok? now please move on.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #41 of 370
@ OP
I think you'll like the M50s. These are my first full size HPs as well..
They do a great job with my Cowon S9.. I just love them..bass is really enjoyable and can hit pretty hard and go quite deep...I like the mids and the highs as well...
No sibilance, greats smooth vocals...
I think you wont regret your purchase!!!

By the way I just love the way when people just come around and tell you to buy a $400-500 HP cos they sound way better... OMG of course they sound better..they SHOULD sound better, but if I have ~$100 for a HP please dont tell me to buy one for x4 price

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #42 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not only does it look good, I like the build quality as well. It is solid, feels much better than Sony V6 in my hands. Great sound, I love them.

I also prefer IEM in public but sometimes I wonder if I will eventually die because of that. They block out noise so I am not aware of what is happening around me, and since they are small, people won't notice I am wearing them, thus not knowing that I don't hear anything.

LOL, I agree. I wear my RE0s in public and I get scared when I'm in the supermarket and bank, etc. Who knows when a robber my decide to hold the place up? I wouldn't know at all!
frown.gif

They need some open IEMs that don't leak sound out, only in...
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #43 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well ATH M50 is a studio/DJ headphone. BTW why is M50 such a popular portable can? Is it because it looks cool and has good bass?

It's more to do with what a great buy it is for the price. There's very little in that price range that can touch it, especially a few years back before newer models came out. Great bass, great mids, smooth treble, lots of clarity, good isolation, good separation, collapsible, low impedance and drives well out of an iPod. Great looks. Great comfort.

The only major fault I could find with the M50 was how compressed the soundstage is. Has a feel of being congested. And of course could be more detailed, but at this price these are about as detailed as it gets.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #44 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, I agree. I wear my RE0s in public and I get scared when I'm in the supermarket and bank, etc. Who knows when a robber my decide to hold the place up? I wouldn't know at all!
frown.gif

They need some open IEMs that don't leak sound out, only in...
ksc75smile.gif

I got myself a set that I use in public that lets sound in. Using the UF30, which is nice for this purpose so I don't get run over by a car or walk around oblivious of bank robbers.

But sometimes it's too noisy and I can't appreciate the music too well. I miss my K81 DJ which was an excellent portable headphone that gave great isolation. I'm thinking I need to buy another portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back