007noob007

New Head-Fier
i will get my m50 in 2 days!

how should i burn them in?
normal music, pink noise (if so where can i get it from) or wite noise
for how long should i burn them in?

and should it  or should i take brakes?

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 15
Just listen to the suckers and enjoy them!
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #4 of 15
44 minutes white noise.
30 minutes rest.
56 minutes grey noise.
30 minutes rest.
37 minutes green noise (usually this where I mix in some speedy noise, like a red/blue noise for better bass).
67 minutes rest.
End with black noise, very quiet, for about a day to make the burn-in resistent.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 15
You can let them playing music overnight, or use them regularly as they burn-in. 

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
44 minutes white noise.
30 minutes rest.
56 minutes grey noise.
30 minutes rest.
37 minutes green noise (usually this where I mix in some speedy noise, like a red/blue noise for better bass).
67 minutes rest.
End with black noise, very quiet, for about a day to make the burn-in resistent.

That is a great burn in schedule, but if you increase the white noise to about 48 minutes you will hear a clear improvement at around 6kHz. I also recommend not listening to the phones until the have been burned in with 1 hour of Bach vs 23 hours of black noise in a cycle lasting 2 weeks. This will improve their class and intelligibility.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

That is a great burn in schedule, but if you increase the white noise to about 48 minutes you will hear a clear improvement at around 6kHz. I also recommend not listening to the phones until the have been burned in with 1 hour of Bach vs 23 hours of black noise in a cycle lasting 2 weeks. This will improve their class and intelligibility.

2 weeks is a little short.

I would go at the very least about a month, 12 days, and 13 hours on this schedule.

After that switch back to white noise for 43 minutes on the hour. For the other 17 minutes of the hour use 13 minutes of choir music to and 4 minutes of funk(be careful not to over-do the funk). Do this every other hour for 16 hours a day for about a 3 month period. 

Once you are finished doing that, get the program SineGen and start running that for 16 hours a day, increasing the frequencies by 1hZ every hour(starting at 20Hz and ending at 20,000Hz). This should take you approximately 1250 days, or about 3.4 years.

After this, you will be ready to listen to your headphones. Do not interrupt the process or the sound will be ruined.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 15
Guys! GUYS!

You're overdoing it. Jazz fusion works just as well as funk.

Also, I really want to emphasize on the importance of having the black noise at the end of the schedule since it makes the burn-in persistant. No one wants to have headphones without having fixed that infamous 6 kHz-problem Hooster is talking about, so after having fixed it, please use black noise there.

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #10 of 15
Just listen to them regularly. Over the times, you _might_ hear any differences, but I doubt it'd be that much. That is from my own experience, of course.

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #14 of 15
Don't forget the Brown Note....:D

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 15

2 weeks is a little short.

I would go at the very least about a month, 12 days, and 13 hours on this schedule.

After that switch back to white noise for 43 minutes on the hour. For the other 17 minutes of the hour use 13 minutes of choir music to and 4 minutes of funk(be careful not to over-do the funk). Do this every other hour for 16 hours a day for about a 3 month period. 

Once you are finished doing that, get the program SineGen and start running that for 16 hours a day, increasing the frequencies by 1hZ every hour(starting at 20Hz and ending at 20,000Hz). This should take you approximately 1250 days, or about 3.4 years.

After this, you will be ready to listen to your headphones. Do not interrupt the process or the sound will be ruined.

44 minutes white noise.
30 minutes rest.
56 minutes grey noise.
30 minutes rest.
67 minutes rest.

Are you guys serious?

(serious question)

I've just left my M50's playing Jazz Fusion for about 30 hours straight now. Surely I havne't done something wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back