ATH-M50 Boxes?
Jan 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

haarism

100+ Head-Fier
So apparently there are different version of the box, from what I've read blue box black box and white box

what are the differences? and if i get mine from b and h photo soon which would I get?

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 28
theres no difference ive had both. people sometimes imagine they can hear a difference though

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 28
Definitely is a difference to my ears. At least the pairs I had were different. Maybe it has nothing to do with the box itself.

My old black boxed version had bloated, uncontrolled bass, recessed mids (distant vocals) and very rolled off highs. Other people have had the same type of box and didn't seem to have them sound the same way as mine though. Strange.

I purchased another pair with a white box and the highs were very fatiguing. Mids and bass seemed the same. I had to return them though.

People who love the M50 probably would not have liked the pair I had!

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #12 of 28

Quote:
No I'm kidding. Don't worry about the different coloured boxes. People are just splitting hairs over subtle differences in production batches (which can apply to any brand). Just enjoy the unit you get.

Agreed, just make sure you get them from a reputable seller and enjoy them.  If it helps in your decision, I guess mine (white box with blue lid) are from the latest production line and they are outstanding.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #14 of 28
If you mean BH, then yes, they are extremely reputable. You will probably end up with the new green box.

Quote:
can anyone give a guess whicu ill probably be getting if i order from buphoto
and whether it counts as a reputable seller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back