ATH M50 amazon.co.uk=£129.99 amazon.com=$127.71 What?!
Feb 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

naurispunk

100+ Head-Fier

Can someone explain me why so many (NOT ALL) headphones on Amazon.co.uk cost almost twice as much compared to Amazon.com?

I live in EU so if I buy stuff from Amazon.com shipping usually costs more than the product itself :) But then again on Amazon.co.uk prices are insane.

But are there any good alternatives?

Feb 23, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 14
Europeans have better taste. They deserve more exquisite (read: expensive) stuff. 

Anyway, headphones ain't the only thing you will find that is more expensive. Even monthly subscriptions on MMORPG is more expensive on the European server than the American server. Gamers QQ all the time that Europe get the release of games later and more expensive than the US too.

Life is just fair like that I guess....

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 14
lol and what backing do you have to prove that "europeans have better taste?" Nice bias view.
rolleyes.gif

If europeans have better taste, then why do they like soccer (oh I'm sorry, I meant futbol) so much?? Two words, flopping babies. hahaha

Quote:
Europeans have better taste. They deserve more exquisite (read: expensive) stuff. 

Anyway, headphones ain't the only thing you will find that is more expensive. Even monthly subscriptions on MMORPG is more expensive on the European server than the American server. Gamers QQ all the time that Europe get the release of games later and more expensive than the US too.

Life is just fair like that I guess....

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 14
I think that was a joke :)
lol and what backing do you have to prove that "europeans have better taste?" Nice bias view.
rolleyes.gif

If europeans have better taste, then why do they like soccer (oh I'm sorry, I meant futbol) so much?? Two words, flopping babies. hahaha

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 14
Better be lol
wink.gif

Quote:
I think that was a joke
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #9 of 14
I'm not sure if they look as silly as soccer though. I mean those guys have mastered soccer and the art of acting. The world cup was flooded with fakers trying to draw a penalty. Ruins the game IMO.

Quote:
Heh. My boss is european (from England specifically). So I hope it is true too... ...

I have no idea what's the charm behind 22+1 people chasing after the balls with their legs too. But I bet most sports look silly...

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #10 of 14
Imo the reason why FOOTBALL is so popular around the world is because you dont really need anything besidesthe ball to play it. Simple as that. No protective gear, no bats, sticks or anything like that. You just get a ball and have fun.
I'm not sure if they look as silly as soccer though. I mean those guys have mastered soccer and the art of acting. The world cup was flooded with fakers trying to draw a penalty. Ruins the game IMO.

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 14
Fair enough, I would compare it to basketball in the U.S. We have basketball courts everywhere, even in the worst parts of our cities. All social classes can play it for no fee. You must agree with how dumb the game is in regard to the players that flop. Good lord, look it up on youtube. There are countless amounts of videos of soccer players faking.

Quote:
Imo the reason why FOOTBALL is so popular around the world is because you dont really need anything besidesthe ball to play it. Simple as that. No protective gear, no bats, sticks or anything like that. You just get a ball and have fun.

Quote:

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
Fair enough, I would compare it to basketball in the U.S. We have basketball courts everywhere, even in the worst parts of our cities. All social classes can play it for no fee. You must agree with how dumb the game is in regard to the players that flop. Good lord, look it up on youtube. There are countless amounts of videos of soccer players faking.

You need good acting skill to fall convincingly to get a charge call in basketball. And slamdunks are nothing but acting... highly difficult to pull, but still more an act than actual gameplay. 

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #13 of 14
Eh I disagree. There's the tall guys with not as much coordination where all they have to do is jump up about a foot (if that) to put it in. Not much acting there. Then there's the shorter guys (still pretty darn tall) who jump high as ever and dunk backwards, windmill etc. That's not really acting, just a high display of physical talent. It's kind of a move to pump the crowd up or shut the crowd up. Plus it is very fun to watch. Flopping is not fun to watch, it ruins the game. But with the charges in basketball, I do somewhat agree.

Quote:
You need good acting skill to fall convincingly to get a charge call in basketball. And slamdunks are nothing but acting... highly difficult to pull, but still more an act than actual gameplay. 

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #14 of 14
Do  you by any chance like American football? I imagine if I were brought up watching that and seeing people get jacked on regular basis (it seems to me that one brutal tackle can ruin your knees & end a carrer... and that isn't even considered faul play, it is part of it!) I would feel disappointed while watching football (soccer).

It's the same thing with hockey - in europe hockey players are the same as in NHL and they do start fightin with each other but here noone makes a spectacle out of it. 

P.S. BTW, I do not imply that violence in sports is bad :) Actually the only sport that I have any interest to follow at the moment is MMA so... I just think that people who are used to watchin more brutal sports may think that sports with less brutality (or faking) are booring. It's like many people who watch MMA have trouble wathing WWE. 

Eh I disagree. There's the tall guys with not as much coordination where all they have to do is jump up about a foot (if that) to put it in. Not much acting there. Then there's the shorter guys (still pretty darn tall) who jump high as ever and dunk backwards, windmill etc. That's not really acting, just a high display of physical talent. It's kind of a move to pump the crowd up or shut the crowd up. Plus it is very fun to watch. Flopping is not fun to watch, it ruins the game. But with the charges in basketball, I do somewhat agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back