ATH-L3000 Limited Edition (50 pairs)
Sep 1, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx
Well I haven't heard them yet only read about them, so I'm no expert on it.

I know exactly what you're saying, and appreciate the honesty. Yet, even for those of us who have heard both of these headphones, we still are not "experts" in any real sense. The best we can do is to convey our impressions based on our own tastes and preferences. The more time I spend with different headphones, the more I realize that my tastes may not be repesentative of yours or anyone else's. I'm getting more and more cautious about giving "advice" because it's all so subjective.

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I know exactly what you're saying, and appreciate the honesty. Yet, even for those of us who have heard both of these headphones, we still are not "experts" in any real sense. The best we can do is to convey our impressions based on our own tastes and preferences. The more time I spend with different headphones, the more I realize that my tastes may not be repesentative of yours or anyone else's. I'm getting more and more cautious about giving "advice" because it's all so subjective.

very true - everyone has different tastes and in the upper tier of headphones "better" is a very difficult word to define.

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
I've read just about everything there is to read on these AFA discussions on this board goes... came away with the impression that these are the #2 dynamic can, behind the R10 - which on the used market can fetch up to $4k.

Headphile HP3000 and K3000
eggosmile.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
Not a prob... hey it's in the review section, right
biggrin.gif

I've read just about everything there is to read on these AFA discussions on this board goes... came away with the impression that these are the #2 dynamic can, behind the R10 - which on the used market can fetch up to $4k.

Im basically in the same boat and once I get the means to, Im getting a pair. Obviously they wont be the first upgrade in my system but they are up there. Hopefully I will get to hear them before then but Im pretty sure even if I dont, based on everything I have read I will be very happy with them.

Sep 1, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by BranMuffins
Im basically in the same boat and once I get the means to, Im getting a pair. Obviously they wont be the first upgrade in my system but they are up there. Hopefully I will get to hear them before then but Im pretty sure even if I dont, based on everything I have read I will be very happy with them.

I'd suggest doing it as the next upgrade if it's at all possible. There are probably only 50-70 new pairs left, and when they're gone who knows what the resale value will be on such a limited run.

They sound good out of just about anything.

Sep 1, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #21 of 37
The mark-up seems to be hefty for the G's if they are still available (I bet they are). I'm seeing so much L3000 love recently I am tempted for the regular version... But has anyone shot a decent picture of the G? Is it just the green leather or do you get something else?

On the other hand, I am afraid of making my W2002 redundant, because I like them so much. And besides... honestly speaking, I have a feeling that Connolly leather should be under my butt, not on my head
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The mark-up seems to be hefty for the G's if they are still available (I bet they are).

actually, both the ATH-L3000 and the ATH-L3000G have the same MSRP, but since the ATH-L3000G is only available through AT and they charge MSRP, you don't get the benefits of the price breaks and discounts offered by most retailers / resellers.

if you haven't checked out the online store yet, which there is a link to on the ATH-L3000G page... they definitely list them as still being in stock. almost two years since its introduction and they still haven't gotten rid of the 50 L3000G's they made.

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
actually, both the ATH-L3000 and the ATH-L3000G have the same MSRP, but since the ATH-L3000G is only available through AT and they charge MSRP, you don't get the benefits of the price breaks and discounts offered by most retailers / resellers.

if you haven't checked out the online store yet, which there is a link to on the ATH-L3000G page... they definitely list them as still being in stock. almost two years since its introduction and they still haven't gotten rid of the 50 L3000G's they made.

the ugly color might be a reason for it, unless you're in the military.
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #24 of 37
Dried skin from a dead animal wrapped around a pair of headphones is disgusting regardless of what color it has been painted.

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Headphile HP3000 and K3000
eggosmile.gif

Have you heard the L3000 under good conditions? I have heard the wood modified cd3000, hp1000, and k1000 under good conditions (owned the hp1000, k1000), and I have serious doubts that sticking the latter two in the wooden cd3000 shell would allow them to compete with the l3000.

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by nierika
Dried skin from a dead animal wrapped around a pair of headphones is disgusting regardless of what color it has been painted.

The same could be said for the poor trees involved in those pretty exotic woods. AT is not hot with the activists lol.

Which is why everyone should wear Grados. Plastic and metal, anyone?
smily_headphones1.gif
(ignore that Reference Series behind the curtain...)

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #28 of 37
Well I own the all three (L3000, HP3000 and K3000) and right now if I had to rank them I'd have the L3000 and HP3000 dead even for the top spot with the K3000 falling behind a little bit.

I don't agree with the comment that L3000 are #2 behind the R10s. I know it's a matter of preference by I prefer the L3000, HP3000, K3000, PS-1, and HP1/2 over the R10s.

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Well I own the all three (L3000, HP3000 and K3000) and right now if I had to rank them I'd have the L3000 and HP3000 dead even for the top spot with the K3000 falling behind a little bit.

I don't agree with the comment that L3000 are #2 behind the R10s. I know it's a matter of preference by I prefer the L3000, HP3000, K3000, PS-1, and HP1/2 over the R10s.

Ah, thanks for the impressions. It's good to hear the thoughts of someone who's owned all three (and then some).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back