ATH-ES7 issue - right can's wire has come loose and audio cuts out
Feb 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jthm

100+ Head-Fier
The cap that secures the wire to the can is cracked and the wire is loose, it can be pushed into the can a fair amount. If I manipulate the wire with my fingers squeezing and pushing it up a bit into the can I can get audio. I'm wondering if this is an issue that can be fixed and if so does it require a professional or can I do it myself.

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Unfortunately I have already had to have these entirely recabled and it wasn't cheap, was hoping it was simple to to open up and secure the wire as it seems to just be a loose connection. Here are pictures of the crack:
(link to other, gotta go)

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 6
Here is the other picture of the crack or split on what I referred to as the cap for the wire on the can. Am I really going to have to recable them? Seems like a professional is going to have to open up the can to do that, why could they not just fix the wire and secure it? Last time I had to recable it was because the entire cable literally snapped in half, this took around six weeks to fix because they had to order the cable from the manufacturer.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 6
A brief search only brought up Ring Audio for headphone repair in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I contacted them, they believe they can fix the issue, however they quoted me $40-50 CAD for the job. This seems expensive to simply resecure a wire to the plug. I intend to look for alternatives but was wondering if this is just the standard rate for this sort of repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back