ATH-CK10 or Sure SE530 or Triple.Fi?
May 13, 2010 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
I currently have Re0 and seriously considering an upgrade.  Which of those you guys think would give me a noticible upgrade?  I have read joker's reviews, and he gave CK10 as #1 choice, but I didn't see SE530 or Triple.Fi on there.  Also, how much does custom mold phones help?  Arn't they for musicians that need very high sound isolation while they are performing on stage or something?

May 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 12
Are you using an amp for your RE0? People say that they sound eveb better by amping. I have read people saying CK10 is similar to RE0 in sound signature. If you are looking for an upgrade from RE0 unamped, I think CK10 is a good choice. Of the three, I own CK10 and TF10, never try SE530. I am pretty sure all of them sound different. However, I'd rate CK10 to be better than TF10, in terms of imaging and instrument separation, in my opinion.

May 14, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 12
If you're leaning towards the TF10 sound sig, then I would say go for the Westone 3s, which are a bit more refined in almost every area, especially comfort. A lot of people have fit issues with TF10s, and the fit of the Westone 3s is superb with the right tips. Good luck on your choice!

May 14, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 12
I don't have the SE530, which is why It's not in my thread. The TF10 I haven't added yet because it's so common. I do consider the CK10 superior to the TF10 (especially physically - fit, durability, etc). I could write out what I think about the two but I think AwakenedBeing did a better job than I could in this thread. I would suggest stating what you think the RE0 lacks in and/or what you would like to see improved in your upgrade.

May 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #6 of 12
It really depends on if you want a similar sound signature to what you had in the RE0 and want something similar but better or if you want something completely different. If you told us what you liked and didn't like about the RE0 it would help in your next purchase since the TF10 and CK10 are quite different and I would imagine the SE530 to be the same.

I will say this however. I have tried a good number of quality earphones (although not as many as others here) and the CK10 remain to be my favorite. I do consider them better in many area than the TF10 in areas such as clarity, speed, separation and some others in terms of sound. In terms of build it is no comparison as the CK10 is vastly better in every area unless you like the type of housing that is huge that other people take notice or if you like possible pain from your ears after using them if your ears are too small.

May 14, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #7 of 12
what do want in respect to the RE-0?

dont be expecting an upgrade, the tf10 and 530 are better than the 0 but not vastly so.  what they really offer is a very different sound and presentation.  at this level its not about whats better its got far more to do with what sound you prefer than whats "best"

May 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 12
What I value most in IEMs is the detail it provides.  I want to be able to hear intricate details.  What ever headphone can pick up details that RE0 cannot pick up is the next level.  That does not mean I want to emphasize high frequencies.  It means, its very sensitive to details.  

May 15, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 12
I own all the phones in question and to my ears the details, clarity, musicality, and overall immersive experience is easily won by the CK 10s.

May 16, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #10 of 12
Yeah, CK10 is one of the more detailed earphones out there.  Second place might be the Westones, W3 or UM3X.  Third might be the RE252 or SE530 or PFE.  All of these are pretty detailed and revealing earphones.  The TF10 is quite detailed, but the thicker notes can at times hide micro details.  Really only the CK10 and Westones are the ones that really reveal all the tiny stuff well.  The CK10 is the better of the bunch in the sense of realism and life-like sound too.  I haven't used the W3, but I assume it might have a little more fun factor.  I've used the UM3X, and they can be a little bit more artificial although incredibly revealing towards the original source and the sound stage is very direct (on stage) but incredibly layered.  Bang for the buck CK10 is killer.  I personally enjoyed the RE252 slightly better, but if we're talking micro detail here, the CK10 is better.

May 16, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
What I value most in IEMs is the detail it provides.  I want to be able to hear intricate details.  What ever headphone can pick up details that RE0 cannot pick up is the next level.  That does not mean I want to emphasize high frequencies.  It means, its very sensitive to details.  

well any of the upper end stuff well pretty much detail everything.  some though will be for more upfront about it.  the ER4 is one for shoving that detail in your face, the 530 is much more relaxed about it and you have to look for some things, the RE-252 is a bit like this too, everything is there but you dont get things shoved in your face.

even though you say you dont necessarily mean something bright i think what you may be wanting is something really upfront in how it presents things to you so that leads me to think the CK10 or ER4 is what your really after.  if you do want something a bit more gentle then the 252 could well be it.

May 16, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
well any of the upper end stuff well pretty much detail everything.  some though will be for more upfront about it.  the ER4 is one for shoving that detail in your face, the 530 is much more relaxed about it and you have to look for some things, the RE-252 is a bit like this too, everything is there but you dont get things shoved in your face.

even though you say you dont necessarily mean something bright i think what you may be wanting is something really upfront in how it presents things to you so that leads me to think the CK10 or ER4 is what your really after.  if you do want something a bit more gentle then the 252 could well be it.

I like your explanation of detail :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back