tongue_smile.gif
(FX500)

27707790.jpg

Front

45rd.jpg

45 degree

90r.jpg

Side

Picture might be little off in term of color cuz using my 5800XM, dont have proper cam with me right now.

shigzeo, it protrude at max, ~3mm if u push CK100 deep into your ears. 3mm from cable relief point to the end of IEM. Notice that CK100 look protuding since i didnt shoved it deep into my ears. I have shallow ear canal and flat ear LOL

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #20 of 104
CK100 has been with me for almost 5 days now. I am still amazed every time I hear a song with these phones. Its mid and high range are I think what Shure tried to achieve with the SE530s, only that the CK100 has really achieved it. The sound is so so so transparent on the CK100 that it surpasses SE530 on liveliness, and its detail goes head-to-head with ER4P at the same time. It is purely the sound from heaven. Never would I have imagined such sound would come from IEMs, but it does - on CK100.

Mind all of you that CK100 does require some power to back it up. On my newly bought Nokia N97, CK100 still sounds sweet and transparent but it only has about 60% of the true power revealed. (My Westone 3 and TF10 Pro are not that source dependent.) But when I connect CK100 to Cowon D2 (mod to D2+), it sounds purely fascinating and is much better than when it is connected to N97. From D2 you can hear that its bass is actually tight and deep (much deeper than SE530 connected to Cowon D2), and has more bass than TF10Pro quantitative wise. Still it can't beat UE11Pro, W3 and IE8 in terms of quantity of bass but it would certainly be enough for pop song listeners.

Here is the deal - you get the best mid-highs you can ever get from IEMs with CK100, with the sacrifice of a little bass quantity. It is not only good with female vocals but with all kinds of music (except orchestra and some really bass-heavy electronic stuff like "minimal"). I would seriously recommend it to anyone who likes music. To me, after years of searching and going through er6i, er4p, SE530, TF10 Pro, UE11Pro, Westone 3; CK100 is the IEM that I finally came to know what I was looking for.

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #21 of 104
Oh ****, now u make me regret selling my D2 last year... *must resist* Currently i'm using 5800, N97 lil' bro.

Btw, u should stop posting more CK100 impression before someone (in fact, quite a few) robbed u hahaha. Enjoy your shiny CK100.

EDIT: CK100 doesnt show any sign of bass rolloff on D2? Bass rolloff problem was the main reason i put it up for sale.

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #25 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by sishanyzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are you using to test your earphone?

As stated in the review, I use Nokia mobile phone and Cowon D2 for most of the testings. I don't have a headphone amp. I don't like going out carrying any bag so I put everything in my trousers' pockets: Wallet, mobile phone, blackberry, keys, tissues, cigarettes, lighter, mints ... Can't hold a headphone amp I'm afraid
darthsmile.gif

I did try them on the headphone out of my Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro external console - the sound is even brighter and the bass is about as deep as from the Cowon D2, but I can't do that for extended period of time due to positioning issues.

Jun 24, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #27 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do u mind writing in more details the SQ advantages of D2 over N97?

I haven't tried 5800XM but tell you what, connecting these to the Cowon D2 is a BIG improvement over N96/ N97. With the mobile phones the sound of CK100 becomes shallow and bass rolled off. All you can hear is that sweet mid range coz it is still so sweet and smooth even after being deteriorated by a mediocre source.

I have tried all my in-ears with both my mobile phones and my Cowon D2. CK100 shows the biggest difference when using these different sources. (The second one is SE530, then ER4P) It is quite interesting to see that this pair of small things are so source dependent. I don't know about impedance and stuff but when you listen to CK100 on mobile and on Cowon D2 it will be certain that you can hear the difference. On the other hand, phones like Westone 3 and TF10 Pro (especially the Westone 3) don't show much difference when using phones or D2 unless you pay really close attention.

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #29 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the explanation. Weird case; i preferred S639F over D2 and 5800XM over S639F. Now back to D2?? OMG

*browsing Amazon for D2+*

Again I haven't heard the 5800XM, maybe it has much better SQ than the N- series. If you have a sound card I suggest you try your CK100 on its line out (turn down volume on your comp first) and see how it goes...

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #30 of 104
N97 is reported to have a cleaner and better output than 5800XM
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried CK100 out from Audigy 2, most prominent differences was vocal positioning and bass quantity. Bass on 5800 is boosted, sound deeper too. Vocal being upfront rather than at your ear on Audigy 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back