ATH-AD700 vs Creative Auvana Live
Dec 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LordYarkan

New Head-Fier
Hi all guys , i want to buy a new pair of headphones that are good for music and for gaming . I heard about this two pairs of headphones but i can't really decide which to buy . Can you help me please ? If there are other possibilities that are better than those 2 headphones tell me please . As soundcard I am using a asus xonar dx . Thx

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 3
The AD700 is one of he best headphones for competitive FPS gaming due to it's fairly unintrusive bass and excellent positional soundstage. Unfortunately, the unintrusive bass also makes it a fairly boring headphone when used for music and film, especially if you listen to music with a warm, bassy tilt. It's size and open design makes it unsuitable for portable use.

On the other hand the CAL is a decent headphone for gaming, with a better than average soundstage(for a closed headphone in the sub $100 price point) and is a nice headphone for listening to music and movies. It's a fairly small headphone, just about fitting in the circumaural(around the ears) category with a short(3-4ft) cable, making is well suited to portable use.

Neither headphone isolates very well. The open AD700 doesn't isolate sound at all and leaks everywhere, as open designs tend to do, The CAL is below average in terms of isolation for a closed can, but doesn't leak too badly unless played at high volumes. 

If you could only pick one, I would pick the CAL as it's a better all rounder as well as suitable for travel.

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
The AD700 is one of he best headphones for competitive FPS gaming due to it's fairly unintrusive bass and excellent positional soundstage. Unfortunately, the unintrusive bass also makes it a fairly boring headphone when used for music and film, especially if you listen to music with a warm, bassy tilt. It's size and open design makes it unsuitable for portable use.

On the other hand the CAL is a decent headphone for gaming, with a better than average soundstage(for a closed headphone in the sub $100 price point) and is a nice headphone for listening to music and movies. It's a fairly small headphone, just about fitting in the circumaural(around the ears) category with a short(3-4ft) cable, making is well suited to portable use.

Neither headphone isolates very well. The open AD700 doesn't isolate sound at all and leaks everywhere, as open designs tend to do, The CAL is below average in terms of isolation for a closed can, but doesn't leak too badly unless played at high volumes. 

If you could only pick one, I would pick the CAL as it's a better all rounder as well as suitable for travel.

Thx you so much for the answer , I think that I will go for the CAL , for that price range i don't think i can find a better pair of headphones (i pay it 50 euros) . Ty you again .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back