AT-ESW9/ AMP?
Oct 18, 2009 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Vitor Teixeira

500+ Head-Fier
Need advice for the best USB/DAC AMP for ATESW9 please.
(it's on the way,
wink.gif
) now i need to get an amp to pair, or he doesnt need one?
Anyway i need one to connect to my laptop..
Thanks a lot.

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 33
I couldnt't tell you which amp is the best as there are so many I have never heard but they work very nicely with the D10 with hiflight's TopKit, that is the combo I use for my travel rig.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldnt't tell you which amp is the best as there are so many I have never heard but they work very nicely with the D10 with hiflight's TopKit, that is the combo I use for my travel rig.

Would they work well with D4 also?
What's "hiflight's TopKit"?

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 33
Have not heard the D4. HiFlight's TopKit is a set of replacement opamps for the D10 that head-fi member HiFlight has put together and you can buy from him, but the stock opamps in the D10 are also very good.

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 33
I use my pico amp when i want to have something small, very portable. When i have the room or tolerance I use the Lisa lll - it really opens them up i'll tell you, but size can be an issue at times. Out of your laptop though, if at home, the Lisa lll with the power supply option is great then you have the equivalent of a good SS home amp and portable.

I like them much better amped myself than straight out of the dac.

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by artofj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was my line
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #8 of 33
One of the big advantages of the ESW9 is it sounds great straight out of the ipod. You don't need to worry about putting together a big bulky portable setup.

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the big advantages of the ESW9 is it sounds great straight out of the ipod. You don't need to worry about putting together a big bulky portable setup.

Ok, thank you! Thats big news!
I have also two more IEM (Shure SE 420 and SoundMagic PL50)
And what about a DAC to improve the sound quality of my laptop?
(conecting to external speakers)
What do you think i should buy?
A USB/DAC AMP combo?
Or just an AMP?

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #10 of 33
If you're looking to hook it up to your computer, I'd definitely go with a dac/amp combo. As a mac person, I have an apogee duet, and will eventually get (or try) an apogee ONE for my netbook. The new ttvj portable amp/dac is a great looking and sounding device, and would be my choice among currently available options for a PC, or with sensitive IEMs. In the near future, I'd be looking at HeadAmp's pico slim amp and pico dac separates.

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #12 of 33
D4

Oct 20, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about iQube V2? It is an excellent amp and dac combo.

Dont doubt that, but it's out of budget...
I think i'll go with the D4.

Thank you again for your precious help.

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #14 of 33
What do you think is lacking with your ESW-9? I would not buy a portable amp, just so I have a portable amp. I agree with grawk, ESW-9 is great out of an Ipod.

For another $300 for an amp and a LOD combo, might as well upgrade to the new ES10 portable with huge 53mm drivers.
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ting.mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think is lacking with your ESW-9? I would not buy a portable amp, just so I have a portable amp. I agree with grawk, ESW-9 is great out of an Ipod.

For another $300 for an amp and a LOD combo, might as well upgrade to the new ES10 portable with huge 53mm drivers.
biggrin.gif

Nothing, dont have it yet...ordered last week from bluetin.
So...i guess i messed up things here...just bought the D4.
What do you think of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back