AT ath-m50x vs. shure srh940 vs. denon d600
May 18, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #16 of 19
for western musics, i listen to songs like these... (more the first song than the second song)

slow club - because we're dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac6mXE7UT4E

frightened rabbit - poke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwP_186BdYM

do you think, these kinds of songs fit with Audio technica a900x strong points...?

btw, i can't find a900x where i live, i can find ad900x though. how different is one with the other?

cheers,

They will sound beautiful on the A900x. The AD900x are open, they are good. They don't have the low end that the A900x though. If you can't get the A900x look at the DT770.

May 20, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #18 of 19
listening to them right now watching a movie, their sound signature helps them 'distance' the sound, the sound is more laid back, like you are listening to speakers with a nice subwoofer in the room.

For a PC headphone I'd say they are vey good. If you don't need closed you may consider the HD598 or HD558. they won't have the bass the D600 has but would be great for electronic music. Used to own a HD555 and it a good headphone. It's tough, you need to spend time with the gear and listen to a wide range of music to get a feel for them.

Btw what kind of electronic music do you listen to? Pretty familiar with the genre. I could check out some pieces and describe the overall character of sound.

i found the d600 NEW for about 250USD should i get them???
best option for me, right???

May 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #19 of 19
i found the d600 NEW for about 250USD should i get them???
best option for me, right???

While you might get them a bit cheaper you don't always see those deals. If that's $250 new that's a great price. I bought mine for about $240 CDN last year and that was used (and local pickup). Since then, I haven't seen them for that price locally. So go ahead and grab them.

Be prepared that they have detail, but pack a serious punch. I'm not sure about burn in, but mine did seem to tighten up in the bass over time. I'm still very happy with them and listening to electronic music is perfect on these and your likely to enjoy them just for that but also for movies/gaming.

Let us know what you think after you had them for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back