ASUS Xonar Essence STX II
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #166 of 888
  this is something of totally new for me. Are you talking about something like this?

is it possible to buy other op amps except for sold ones with stx 2?I think the only important thing is the number/distance of pins.isn't it?

No, that looks like a soldered pin socket you want the ones that look like the original socket on the card and the flat spade legs like the opamps.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #168 of 888

Sure, I use the STX II mainly through the speaker outputs and this does not effect the headphones out. I liked the stock Muses, but they sounded way laid back for me. So I replaced the buffer Muses with a stacked set of OPA 637s and the sound is wonderful now  at least to my ears.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #169 of 888

Sure, I use the STX II mainly through the speaker outputs and this does not effect the headphones out. I liked the stock Muses, but they sounded way laid back for me. So I replaced the buffer Muses with a stacked set of OPA 637s and the sound is wonderful now  at least to my ears.

OPA 637s are those  included  in the stx 2 box or have you bought them?

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #171 of 888

lol no they are NOT included in the opamp kit that comes with.

ok as I thougth. So what about your knowledge about this modding?can you link (also via PM) something to understand what op amps could be the best for me?

Searching "stx 2 moding" the result is only this thread or  few others... :frowning2:

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #174 of 888
  The OPA 637s ( from what I have read) can only be used in the buffer of Asus essence cards, this is do to their required gain to maintain stability.

wink_face.gif

To be honest it will take awhile. The STX II just became available in the North American market.

oh I thought it was available first in America and the n in Europe... XD as the moto Maxx...
mad.gif
 (but this is another story....  XD)

btw do you think will it reach the same modding community of STX?  It would be beautiful!

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #175 of 888

wink_face.gif

oh I thought it was available first in America and the n in Europe... XD as the moto Maxx...
mad.gif
 (but this is another story....  XD)

btw do you think will it reach the same modding community of STX?  It would be beautiful!

Oh for sure  the STX II is built for modding, and not just the opamps. Look at the card layout  caps etc have room around them Asus did a really nice job on the layout of this card.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #176 of 888
I got the ASUS XONAR STX II and the AKG K612 PRO.

I want go get the most out of the set, what do you recommend?
- What setting to choose at installing UNIXONAR?
- ASIO or WASAPI or ASIO4ALL?
- FOOBAR or anything else? How to set them up?

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #177 of 888
  I got the ASUS XONAR STX II and the AKG K612 PRO.

I want go get the most out of the set, what do you recommend?
- What setting to choose at installing UNIXONAR?
- ASIO or WASAPI or ASIO4ALL?
- FOOBAR or anything else? How to set them up?

Is a great card. I did just the vanilla install of Uni drivers with the Asus control panel. Use either ASIO or Wasapi ( watch out for the direct ASIO they can max out volumes) do not use ASIO4All its acually a version of Kernal Streaming. I use Wasapi event.
On Foobar run no componennts other than the Wasapi and ASIO do not do any up sampling etc.
I set the PM on the card to 192k.
Hope that helps.

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #178 of 888
Can anyone comment on splitting the RCA output between a set of 2.0 speakers (Swan MK200MKIII's) and just the subwoofer of a 2.1 unit (Klipsch iFi 2.1's)? Theoretically, will that degrade the AQ in any way?

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #179 of 888
  Can anyone comment on splitting the RCA output between a set of 2.0 speakers (Swan MK200MKIII's) and just the subwoofer of a 2.1 unit (Klipsch iFi 2.1's)? Theoretically, will that degrade the AQ in any way?

I don't think.Anyway if you want to do something like this you must bring the signal to the sub and then to the speakers...The advice is to buy a good sub (apart from cables...)

have you got the h6 modules?if yes are there other exit there...
number 11 here
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Audio_Card/Essence_STX_II/U8920_Essence_STX_II_7_1_QSG.PDF

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #180 of 888
I'm so confused about the STX II vs and H6. What is the point of having H6, is it just to upgrade the 5.1 to 7.1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back