ASUS Xonar Essence ST WASAPI Popping Sound
Jul 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #17 of 20
Still no fix for this? Im getting the popping after listening to a song in Winamp for example and when system sounds occur on my Xonar ST. Doesnt seem to be consistent, but it happens enough to make it annoying. I dont hear them with headphones, only through my Logitech Z-5500 speakers connected via COAX. I am running the latest 7.12.8.1794 driver.

EDIT: I did notice something interesting. In Windows 7 64-bit, going into Control Panel > Sound I noticed my Playback Tab setting was Speakers and not S/PDIF Pass-Through Device. I switched to that and will let this roll for a bit and see if it solves the issue.

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #18 of 20
I'm getting random pops too. Already set windows sound scheme to No Sound, but still hear random pops. I'm using unified drivers. It seems the hardware is causing this, not sure. I'm thinking to give Claro Halo a try.

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
I'm getting random pops too. Already set windows sound scheme to No Sound, but still hear random pops.

You may still have applications running in the background trying to access the sound card. I doubt it has anything to do with the hardware, unless it is faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back