Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card, Built-in Headphone AMP > FiiO E10
Oct 31, 2012 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HeavyBoom

New Head-Fier
I thought the E10 would be an improvement over my computer sound card. I was wrong. Is there somethign else i should try to improve my headphones. I use the Ultrasone HFI-580 headphones. I was just looking for some improvement.,

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I thought the E10 would be an improvement over my computer sound card. I was wrong. Is there something else I should try to improve my headphones. I use the Ultrasone HFI-580 headphones. I was just looking for some improvement.,

So you have an Asus Xonar DG sound card in your computer and you then bought the E10 hopeful that is would make your HFI-580 headphones sound better then your Xonar DG?
The Fiio E10 does come with a better headphone amplifier (low impedance) then the Xonar DG's.
Not sure about the differences between the DACs.

Is the motherboard's built in audio disabled in the bios?

Have you tried using foobar2000 and set the computer's audio to 24-bit?

Have you tried the "Unifed Xonar Drivers" from the website Brainbit?

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
So you have an Asus Xonar DG sound card in your computer and you then bought the E10 hopeful that is would make your HFI-580 headphones sound better then your Xonar DG?
The Fiio E10 does come with a better headphone amplifier (low impedance) then the Xonar DG's.
Not sure about the differences between the DACs.

Is the motherboard's built in audio disabled in the bios?

Have you tried using foobar2000 and set the computer's audio to 24-bit?

Have you tried the "Unifed Xonar Drivers" from the website Brainbit?

I think I might try to hook the sound cards out put in the the E10's input then use the E10 as an amp. That is my last idea to even use the E10 other wise I am sending it back.

I have disabled on board audio.
I haven;t tried foobar.
I am using the Unifed Xonar Driver.

I really like the sound card it made a world of difference when I installed it. I would just like to tweak and try to get even better sound.

Nov 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 5
you are right the port on the back says line out. I thought it was an input. I am sending the E10 back I might get a desktop amp or something else. Otherwise I may just get some new iem's for the gym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back