Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR
Nov 12, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #212 of 337
  I keep my ZxR sandwiched between 2 GPUs. Removing the shield should increase the interference by a lot. You can install EMI shield with Burson op-amps.
For full Burson  setup, you will need 2x Buron V5i Single($49) and 2xBurson V5i Dual($69). So total should be $118+delivery charge($15).

I take EMI shield off and didn't notice any noise for both V5i and Sparko Labs SS3601/2.
  That's not cheap :frowning2:

But it worth every penny :)

Checkout the upgrade package for ZxR (V5i set and their new Cable +)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cable-plus-the-next-generation-hi-fi-audio-cable-laptop-tablet#/

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #214 of 337
Nov 12, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #215 of 337
Nov 12, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #217 of 337

Because the EMI shield is touch V5i (the red hex engrave), not sure short circuit happen or not :)

For the Sparko Labs, simply it's too high

They put those metal shields on top of the op-amps specifically to make sure somebody doesn't touch the inner components cause them to short lol.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #218 of 337
Nov 12, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #219 of 337
  :frowning2: Not exactly.  Unexpected bills have stalled the upgrade of V5i's in for JRC2114D's.

Get the JRC 5532DD in the I/Vs and the LT1028ACN in the buffers. These 2 are good enough. They are cheap as sht and do a great job of controlling the bloated bass. Sure Burson opamps are better but not by a lot much. You are sacrificing better separation and imaging but that's about it.

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #220 of 337
  Get the JRC 5532DD in the I/Vs and the LT1028ACN in the buffers. These 2 are good enough. They are cheap as sht and do a great job of controlling the bloated bass. Sure Burson opamps are better but not by a lot much. You are sacrificing better separation and imaging but that's about it.

Hi seamon, i'm new to op-amp rolling.

In your opinion, op-amp in I/V or buffer has more significant upgrade?

Thanks

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #221 of 337
  Hi seamon, i'm new to op-amp rolling.

In your opinion, op-amp in I/V or buffer has more significant upgrade?

Thanks

I've only tried JRC 5532DD and LT1028ACN  combo and Burson V5i combo. The Burson is significantly better. The former is bassier but the Burson(as you might have already noticed) brings out the details in the music.
The bigger Burson V5 combo is obviously better. They expand on the soundstage but for those, I would have had to remove my second GPU which was not very appealing to me lol. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #222 of 337
HEY GUYS!!!! sorry for being away for too long!
UPDATES!!
ordered burson V5i for the ZXR,well,despite being cheaper,they sound more alive than the more expensive V5
mids and highs are better,overall very good,great bass,very hi-fi sound,but I wish guitars were more pronounced.

overall,this is the number one set of opamps for the ZXR.

now for guys with the STX II,who dont want, or dont have the money to spend on burson opamps.
after rolling a lot of combinations,I found the best cheap sound for you guys,and Im not talking data sheets.

2XuPC4570c from NEC(old pioneer recievers and DVD players use those in the past) with JRC2114D in the buffers,cheap and cheerfull,ENJOY!

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #223 of 337
  HEY GUYS!!!! sorry for being away for too long!
UPDATES!!
ordered burson V5i for the ZXR,well,despite being cheaper,they sound more alive than the more expensive V5
mids and highs are better,overall very good,great bass,very hi-fi sound,but I wish guitars were more pronounced.

overall,this is the number one set of opamps for the ZXR.

And for some gamer want SLI option, V5i is the way to go for best sound upgrade :)

What you do mean "they sound more alive than the more expensive V5"?

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #224 of 337
The mids and highs are less sterile,more pronounced.more punchy...trust me,dont waste money on the V5,V5i are better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back