Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR
Sep 23, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #91 of 337
  New Discrete Opamps arrived!
The Sparkos Labs SS3602
http://sparkoslabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/SS3601_SS3602.pdf
All I can say my dear fellas,is screw all Opamp from TI,Muses,ADI etc
The Sparkos Labs SS3602,Discrete Opamps,are put simply,just amazing.
The sound is very warm,wide and analog,specious without feeling distant Like AD8599 for example,noise and distortion....well there isn't any..:)
Although expensive,they worth every penny.
Sound is well balanced,without favors to any scale,Bass is tidy and clean,vocals are pleasant,Mids are present without being harsh,the highs are the best I've heard lately from any sound system,crystal clear and soft to the ears,without losing ground.
First I tried them in the I\V section in my Asus STX II,with muses02 in the buffers,while they sounded great and punchy,Asus were dumb enough to share the same screw for the bracket and shield,and since those SS3602 are huge,I had to gave up the shield.
So I went back to the creative ZXR,put them in the I\V,combined with LT1028ACN in the buffers,and compared to the STX,sound is just as great and even maybe more specious and more controlled,just amazing job by sparko's labs.
Finally an Opamp that is true to its meaning and claim,A first class audio Opamp,A new champ,the high claimed Muses02 costs almost the same price,and doesn't deliver half the sound quality of the SS3602....

Thanks, Raymond, for the info on the Sparkos® SS3602, which is a definite contender for a future improvement on my existing STX; the ideal fitment involves a somewhat deeper shield than ships stock on the ST, STX and STX II, as the SS3602 is some 3mm taller than the integrated circuit it will replace.  From the comparison table on the PDF datasheet, the SS3602 is the best candidate yet for the I-V due to better slew rate, better gain-bandwidth product, and lower noise voltage than any currently-available dual-op-amp IC; the SS3602 will also be probably a more forgiving line-level buffer than any currently-available dual-audio-amp IC.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #93 of 337
  How much are those op-amps? 

P.S. Subbed!

Looks like $78.90 each.
http://sparkoslabs.com/product/discrete-op-amp-ss3602/

Sep 26, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #96 of 337
Bloated=excessive

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #99 of 337
Think of it as slighly high
 ​
125Khz​
 zone in the EQ spectrum.​

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #101 of 337
bloated bass is actually lack of driver control, it can happen through amping but also be a headphone's inherent weakness (like distortion). 

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #103 of 337
stereo direct..:)

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #104 of 337
  New Discrete Opamps arrived!
The Sparkos Labs SS3602
http://sparkoslabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/SS3601_SS3602.pdf
All I can say my dear fellas,is screw all Opamp from TI,Muses,ADI etc
The Sparkos Labs SS3602,Discrete Opamps,are put simply,just amazing.
The sound is very warm,wide and analog,specious without feeling distant Like AD8599 for example,noise and distortion....well there isn't any..:)
Although expensive,they worth every penny.
Sound is well balanced,without favors to any scale,Bass is tidy and clean,vocals are pleasant,Mids are present without being harsh,the highs are the best I've heard lately from any sound system,crystal clear and soft to the ears,without losing ground.
First I tried them in the I\V section in my Asus STX II,with muses02 in the buffers,while they sounded great and punchy,Asus were dumb enough to share the same screw for the bracket and shield,and since those SS3602 are huge,I had to gave up the shield.
So I went back to the creative ZXR,put them in the I\V,combined with LT1028ACN in the buffers,and compared to the STX,sound is just as great and even maybe more specious and more controlled,just amazing job by sparko's labs.
Finally an Opamp that is true to its meaning and claim,A first class audio Opamp,A new champ,the high claimed Muses02 costs almost the same price,and doesn't deliver half the sound quality of the SS3602.

WELL DONE SPARKO'S LABS,WELL DONE!!

Have you tryed the combination LT1028ACN and Muse02 ? 

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #105 of 337
Hi,
thank you very mutch.

Raymond555 write:

Finally an Opamp that is true to its meaning and claim,A first class audio Opamp,A new champ,the high claimed Muses02 costs almost the same price,and doesn't deliver half the sound quality of the SS3602.

i read:
SS3602 + LT1028ACN are better then LT1028ACN + Muses02
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back