Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #1,097 of 3,573
guys,

i'm planing to use this is as a DAC, so which op-amp should i switch?

thank you

Do you not read anything prior to your posts.

Scroll up the page a little, there are some op amps (in pictures), that i recommend in certain sockets.

Tim

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #1,100 of 3,573
I ran into some bad luck.

Bought some Panasonic FR to replace the Essence One's Power Supply Capacitors, but found out it's already using the same one!

Grrrr! Well, i guess i'll keep these caps in case one of them blows up in the future or if anyone needs one.

The Nichicon Audio KA came in as well.
I used the 50V, they're larger.
Anything else that is larger than these capacitors won't fit.

You can see that they're larger. I also have one Nichicon R7 Solid Capacitor to replace the magenta colored Sanyo 100uF/16V Solid Capacitor.

Tim

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #1,102 of 3,573
Quote:
thank you so much for the answer,

since i have MUSES Edition i should only replace the XLR buffer then.

now did you see my screenshot? why my F/W version is blank? but the unit is working i am using it right now.

I have no idea, have you updated the MCU?
Go to ASUS > Xonar Essence One on their website and download the MCU Firmware and Update Tool.

There is instructions there, make sure you update it.
Do not search for driver/firmwares on the Muses Page, there are none.

Tim

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #1,103 of 3,573
Quote:

I have no idea, have you updated the MCU?
Go to ASUS > Xonar Essence One on their website and download the MCU Firmware and Update Tool.

There is instructions there, make sure you update it.
Do not search for driver/firmwares on the Muses Page, there are none.

Tim

thank you tim

i got this error also tried on my laptop same error.

please help

thanks

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #1,104 of 3,573
Quote:

thank you tim

i got this error also tried on my laptop same error.

please help

thanks

Did you make sure to hold Upsampling and Mute at the same time until the three red lights stopped flashing and turned solid before connecting?

If that still didn't work, plug your USB cord to a different socket on the computer. (Try and not do it on a USB 3.0 Port).

Tim

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #1,106 of 3,573
Quote:
I ran into some bad luck.

Bought some Panasonic FR to replace the Essence One's Power Supply Capacitors, but found out it's already using the same one!

Grrrr! Well, i guess i'll keep these caps in case one of them blows up in the future or if anyone needs one.

The Nichicon Audio KA came in as well.
I used the 50V, they're larger.
Anything else that is larger than these capacitors won't fit.

You can see that they're larger. I also have one Nichicon R7 Solid Capacitor to replace the magenta colored Sanyo 100uF/16V Solid Capacitor.

Tim

So you think they will fit?   The KA 50v 220ufs are 10mm diameter and the OEM's are about 8mm and I was concerned about them fitting on the board along with all the other value caps as those KA's are also larger.   I was looking at using Nichicon FG's but with the OEM voltages (220uf 35v FG, 47uf 63v, etc) and they too are oversize but the same diameters as the KA 50v caps.  I thought I'd hold off on my order until we see how you make out with installation.  Keep us posted as to how they fit.  Thanks, John

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #1,107 of 3,573
Quote:
So you think they will fit?   The KA 50v 220ufs are 10mm diameter and the OEM's are about 8mm and I was concerned about them fitting on the board along with all the other value caps as those KA's are also larger.   I was looking at using Nichicon FG's but with the OEM voltages (220uf 35v FG, 47uf 63v, etc) and they too are oversize but the same diameters as the KA 50v caps.  I thought I'd hold off on my order until we see how you make out with installation.  Keep us posted as to how they fit.  Thanks, John

Please don't quote pictures.

If you looked at the board, the OEM 8mm has 1-2mm to spare, so 10mm will fit if if you lean them a little.

The Nichicon KA 25/35V are the same size as the Nichicon KT. It should have better ripple current, leak, etc because of the larger size/higher voltage specification.
The "Audio" capacitors are around 12.5mm in diameter. (Nichicon FG,KZ | Elna Silmic II,Cerafine | Rubycon BG)

You can go with either Panasonic FM, FR, or Nichicon KA (25/35/50V) as an improvement over the KT capacitors.
FR, FM, FC are more of "general purpose" capacitors, that was why was i went with something made for audio (Nichicon KA)

From the looks of it, the only place possible to fit the high end capacitors (12.5mm) are the RCA capacitors.
There are two of them behind the RCA Out, which i chose Elna Silmic II as my replacement.
Still, i got fourteen 220uF 50V (complete set) to see how they compare to the silmic after 100 hours of burn in.

Tim

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #1,108 of 3,573
I also just realized that i also had the panasonic fr in the power supply. Changing them to panasonic fc was pretty pointless. Why don´t panasonic use any branding on the fr.

Has anyone found a good lpf op in combination with the ad797br in the i/v? I ordered some ad797br-s and looking for good op-s for the lpf.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #1,109 of 3,573
I get an electronic/metallic sounding echo that will repeat until i pause the sound of source. Anyone know the issue? I have tried to disable all other audio/microphone devices and still nothing. It will never happen right away and is not consistent,

Edit: Think the culprit may have been an audioquest USB cable I picked up with it as I needed a longer one then the one it came with. testing with the default one (but its not consistent so I will only know if it doesnt happen for more then 2 days) now and returning the AQ one ($40's back to me, I bought one of those fancy ones as for the length I needed I figured I might as well).

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,110 of 3,573
Quote:
I also just realized that i also had the panasonic fr in the power supply. Changing them to panasonic fc was pretty pointless. Why don´t panasonic use any branding on the fr.

Has anyone found a good lpf op in combination with the ad797br in the i/v? I ordered some ad797br-s and looking for good op-s for the lpf.

I realized it after comparing the two because i thought they looked extremely similar.
Turns out there was an FR right next to 105°.
Switching it to Panasonic FC is probably a downgrade. That is, unless you need some added resistance, i can't see why you'll need it though as FR/FM replaces FC.

I think every capacitor brand should do a better job labeling their products. 

I get an electronic/metallic sounding echo that will repeat until i pause the sound of source. Anyone know the issue? I have tried to disable all other audio/microphone devices and still nothing. It will never happen right away and is not consistent,

Edit: Think the culprit may have been an audioquest USB cable I picked up with it as I needed a longer one then the one it came with. testing with the default one (but its not consistent so I will only know if it doesnt happen for more then 2 days) now and returning the AQ one ($40's back to me, I bought one of those fancy ones as for the length I needed I figured I might as well).

Besides the custom usb cable, are you using anything else that's different than a default setup?

Try pressing on upsampling while your music is playing and turning it off, muting it, etc. Perhaps it would go away after burn in.
If not, just return it for a new one.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back