Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Dec 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #394 of 3,573

The only problem I  had, is that my essence one was set to 110V , I didn't see it and I blew the two fuses
at the back of the essence.
The french essence one has two  T1AH250VP  fuses.
I replaced them with two T1A250V fuses, it's ok.  (T means temporised, A amperes, V volts)

But I dont know what H and P mean, does anybody know ?

H/P might mean slow/blow fuse, not sure.

I don't understand, didn't you have the big sticker on the power cable female connector that says to double-check the voltage of the switch? http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2011749&st=0&p=44917578&#entry44917578

IMG_7918c.jpg

Anyway, it's good to see that they've used proper DIP8 sockets this time
regular_smile%20.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #395 of 3,573

Quote:
The E1 does not have a driver interface to access on the system like the ST(X) soundcards.

Having no driver interface does it have any disadvantages when it comes to gamming that has been optimised for sound card drivers ?

I'm really keen to my hands on one to power up my Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium Headphones 600 Ohm and find an alternative source to my onboard sound card as your really limited to your options when using a notebook.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to bypass my onboard sound card on the notebook and connect a pair of Logitech z2300 speakers to the Asus Xonar Essence One?

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #396 of 3,573

Quote:
Having no driver interface does it have any disadvantages when it comes to gamming that has been optimised for sound card drivers ?

I'm really keen to my hands on one to power up my Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium Headphones 600 Ohm and find an alternative source to my onboard sound card as your really limited to your options when using a notebook.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to bypass my onboard sound card on the notebook and connect a pair of Logitech z2300 speakers to the Asus Xonar Essence One?

I am not saying the E1 doesn't have drivers.  What I mean is there is no interface to pull up and change settings like a soundcards would have.

Yes, you can use the E1 with your laptop and connect speaker to it but those speakers but I would suggest some higher end speakers for such a source.

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #397 of 3,573
Hello,
Sorry if it's a silly question but i'm not used to this kind of material:
Is it normal that when the volume is 0 to hear a slight noise, which is accentuated if i touch the volume button? If i just turn the  volume button the noise disappears completely. 
size]

I am very pleased with the E1, which seems more inclusive and warm if i compare to my STX. By against the instruments seem to be less detached and a little less accurate. But the overall tone is listening much more enjoyable.
L3000.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #398 of 3,573
@Leepery:

When I received it, there was no manual, no measurement certification, no sticker, and the box of the essence was open.
But there was the CD .

@trazom:

I dont have any noise when the volume is at zero or when I only touch the volume button.(with music or not)
Without music, if I put the volume at max, I have no noise.

But I have a little noise when turning the knob without music, if I stop turning, the noise disappears.
And this, only if played music with foobar before.
If I switch on the essence and turn the volume knob, no noise.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #399 of 3,573

Originally Posted by feax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I received it, there was no manual, no measurement certification, no sticker, and the box of the essence was open.
But there was the CD .

So you can safely assume that you've been sold an open box, materiel.net are notorious for this kind of business practice.

Anyway, my friend just received his One this morning, he'll be bringing it to my house together w/ his soon-to-be-sold ST, he wants me to find a good opamps combination for him. The only gear I've got at home atm is my own "Stello Eximus DP1", which isn't quite in the same price range but I could try to post a quick comparative review of the 3 units if anyone's interested.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #400 of 3,573

Quote:
But there was the CD .

I dont have any noise when the volume is at zero or when I only touch the volume button.(with music or not)

But I have a little noise when turning the knob without music, if I stop turning, the noise disappears.

Sounds like they sold you an open box product, did you get any type of discount or did they pass it off as new product?

Your noise issue, might in fact be why the first person returned it to the store.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #401 of 3,573

Quote:

Anyway, my friend just received his One this morning, he'll be bringing it to my house together w/ his soon-to-be-sold ST, he wants me to find a good opamps combination for him. The only gear I've got at home atm is my own "Stello Eximus DP1", which isn't quite in the same price range but I could try to post a quick comparative review of the 3 units if anyone's interested.

Cool... your friend must value your opinion very much to have you test drive his new toy.
Anyways, looking forward for your opinion.              

I mean, judged by your harsh feedback for the STX/ST while you still get hold of them, it's interesting to see what you'll say about Essence One this time. :wink:

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #402 of 3,573

Quote:
@Leepery:

But there was the CD .

@trazom:

man... that's really scary, what did they sell to you at all? @@
glad to hear you liked it, but that's really really weird.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #403 of 3,573
My problem that caused a buzz is resolved. 
left]

I unfolded my E1 and i can not hear that damn noise. One of my elements external to my PC wasa slight interference. 
I look forward to your impression, my modest experience does not allow me to make a correct opinion.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #404 of 3,573

Quote:
I mean, judged by your harsh feedback for the STX/ST while you still get hold of them, it's interesting to see what you'll say about Essence One this time. :wink:

I thought the weird part was how the flaky his opinion always seemed to be, he ran around telling everybody how awesome the cards were then suddenly did a 180 and said the opposite when he got something else. 

Personally I take opinions that people stand by, not change like their socks.
To each their own though.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #405 of 3,573

Quote:
My problem that caused a buzz is resolved. 
left]

I unfolded my E1 and i can not hear that damn noise. One of my elements external to my PC wasa slight interference. 
I look forward to your impression, my modest experience does not allow me to make a correct opinion.

Ground loop maybe?  Glad you got it figured out though.
Your opinion is just as good as anybodies.

So does it sound good to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back