Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
May 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #2,971 of 3,573
This thread has been quiet for a bit so I thought I'd ask if anyone with an E1, and that also uses JRiver, has noticed an improvement using the newer driver that was posted back in March? It is version 7.0.11.10. ASUS just says it fixes several bugs with JRiver Media Center. I hadn't noticed any issues with the older 7.0.11.05. Anyone else?

May 14, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #2,972 of 3,573
  This thread has been quiet for a bit so I thought I'd ask if anyone with an E1, and that also uses JRiver, has noticed an improvement using the newer driver that was posted back in March? It is version 7.0.11.10. ASUS just says it fixes several bugs with JRiver Media Center. I hadn't noticed any issues with the older 7.0.11.05. Anyone else?

The same as you.

May 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2,977 of 3,573

It is not normal, sounds like there is still some DC voltage at the output even after startup.

Thanks. I assumed as much and did not remember that it did that before. I think one of the caps might be bad. It is silent when you switch it on after a while, but when you switch it off and on again it makes the 3x thump, which seem to indicated that there is some DC voltage at the amp. Probably better to have it checked under warranty.

May 26, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #2,978 of 3,573
Does XLR and RCA works at the same time on Essence One Plus (Muses)?

I connect monitors to XLR and subwoofer to RCA on my current preamp.

Jun 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #2,980 of 3,573
Hi guys,
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.

I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.

May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #2,982 of 3,573
  Hi guys,
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.

I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.

May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.

Thanks a lot in advance.

If everything is soldered as should be, there is no barrier to use it.
I use 2x2 OPA627AU as DAC filter after 4x2 LT 1028 in I/V with excellent sonic result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back