Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Jun 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #2,987 of 3,573
  why not?

DSD isn't time or money worthy, it's more gimmicky then anything..... The only "TRUE" DSD recording are done with one take, DSD recording can not be mixed using a studio mixer, hence most DSD media are PCM mixed than wrapped in a DSD format container

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #2,988 of 3,573
  Hi guys,
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.

I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.

May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Are you sure the DIP8 adapter is fully seated in the socket?  As I recall the socket is flanked by capacitors on both sides that would prevent an adapter from being fully seated.  In those situations you need to use another DIP8 socket such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x-8pin-IC-DIP-Sockets-/330810204026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d31f7a to provide "lift" for your dual adapter to seat properly.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #2,990 of 3,573
Hello,
I am testing a configuration Synology ds213air -> USB 3.0 -> Asus Essence One DAC-> Atoll IN 200 power amp mode,  and I use the tablet with DS audio android as “a remote control” to play music files. I like sound from this set-up. However I experience some problems.  When I choose a next file with a changed sampling resolution, the loudspeakers generate unpleasant noise.  Restarting the application DS audio helps with an efficiency of about 70%. I would appreciate your help. The most recent DAC firmware is 1.27? gothi

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #2,991 of 3,573

DSD isn't time or money worthy, it's more gimmicky then anything..... The only "TRUE" DSD recording are done with one take, DSD recording can not be mixed using a studio mixer, hence most DSD media are PCM mixed than wrapped in a DSD format container

Oh, I agree DSD is a bit of a joke. But if the company can squeeze it in to a revamped model, then they might as well :xf_eek:

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #2,992 of 3,573
  Oh, I agree DSD is a bit of a joke. But if the company can squeeze it in to a revamped model, then they might as well :xf_eek:

Yea, its kinda like a lot of people look at 3D in TVs these days. Its certainly not something that should be charged more for, nor am I willing to pay more for it, but it should be there since its a feature/offering in the industry.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #2,993 of 3,573

Yea, its kinda like a lot of people look at 3D in TVs these days. Its certainly not something that should be charged more for, nor am I willing to pay more for it, but it should be there since its a feature/offering in the industry.

How about better quality components first, like chl balanced volume pots.....

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #2,997 of 3,573
  How about better quality components first, like chl balanced volume pots.....

Stuff like that I would expect to be a given. If they didnt fix those issues theyd be written off entirely. But not only do they have to fix those things, they also need to "apologize" for this mishaps by adding more features to the new model while keeping the pricing the same or lower.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #2,999 of 3,573
  Ahh rightio

hehe.... I can honestly say I would most likely still have the E1 if it wasn't for the volume pots, yes the Calyx DAC is much better in all aspects to the E1 muses, but I just didn't want to take a step back in SQ, which I've said many times before, that the E1 muses SQ alone you would have to pay 2K+ for better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back