Astrotec AM-800 - UK Dealerships
Jun 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 11
Get them from here...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astrotec-AM-800-In-Ear-Dynamic-Headphones-High-Performance-Earphones-/290836551642?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item43b73597da

Mp4nation, Lendmeurears, and various ebay sellers are among those who export out of China. Not sure of any UK sellers, except frogbeats, who don't carry Astrotec.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 11
Never had to return anything but both Lendmeurears and Bigbargainonline are legit, trustworthy sellers. Just got my VSD1 from Lendmeurears quick and w/o issue. BBO got me my ST6 MK-II amp and was very helpful and honest. He only had one sample on hand w/o all the accs. and he got a new full pack from the supplier including the cell phone converter jack, the latest NA adapter they were putting in, silicone dots sheet and all. Not bad since he only had the original ST6 listing and not the MK-II and the adapters weren't ready so he had to go through some trouble/effort for me.

I might recommend the VSD1. Those who had both say the VSD1 is better between the GR06 and VSD. VSD1S is coming soon so you have a choice of signature and a good price.

You can read the 200+ IEM review thread for one person's review and scoring of both the AM800 and the GR06. They do sound different. The VSD1 would be more like the AM800 signature than the GR06. I think the VSD1 will sound the best of the three but they don't come with the widest selection of tips(but you can always get those on Amazon.uk).

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #7 of 11
The VSD1 is the rock phone...

"Initial information regarding the difference between the VSD1 and VSD1S from Google Translator:

1. VSD1 Good for: pop, vocal, rock.
  2. VSD1S Good for: Female voice, classical, symphonic, big convention.
  3. VSD1 strength lies: frequency, low frequency, resolution, sound field.
  4. VSD1S strength lies: Loud field, high frequency resolution."

I bought the VSD1 based on my belief and desire to get the one that would have the most bass extension of the two. The one tuned for more high frequency resolution should loss some bass or then they just aren't equal. If the S version has just as good bass but more treble focus and resolution that would make the S better and not just a different tuning and I also think they did not(for their price) put all the work/R & D in to make the S version do both ends equally well. They have the GR07 for that purpose and don't want either the VSD1 or VSD1S to be so good they threaten the GR07. Still, what the VSD1S exactly sounds like is not totally clear yet as only a few have them.

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #9 of 11
The AM-800 is an excellent all-purpose phone and superb value, not to mention rather pretty and comfortable too (if you don't mind shallow fit, and hence also weaker Isolation). It combines detail, openness and warmth to reach a balance that few phones in that price range achieve. FAR better in my opinion than the GR06, which sounds congested and unfocused in comparison. The VSD1 looks to be great value too, though mine hasn't arrived yet, so I can't say whether it beats the Astrotec in SQ.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
So my VSD1's arrive today.  They sound awesome! 
etysmile.gif

However, I've noticed that they're angled differently.  The left is angled upwards and the right is angled downwards.  I thought they'd swivel within their housing but they seem fixed.

Can anyone help me with this please?

they do swivel. use a little more force 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back