Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter
Sep 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #48 of 457

It's just too bad that aptX HD support is so rare:

https://www.aptx.com/products?field_aptx_type_tid=483

My Galaxy S7 Edge is "only" aptX, but I'm sure streamed Bluetooth audio to the XB10 will sounds the best the phone can offer.

- Dave

TBH, I don't hear much of a difference between my iPhone (aac) and aptX devices with my nobel audio bts. we will see if this device proves to be better.

Anyway, I should be getting mine in tomorrow since it looks like the distribution center is about 1 hour from my house. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #49 of 457
We also need a way of knowing when/if apt-x is active.

I've paired devices that both had apt-x and it's difficult to tell if it's active (other than reading through bluetooth logs on the phone) or if they're just using a standard bluetooth connection.

Only ever heard of one wireless headphone (can't recall which) that had an led pattern confirming apt-x mode. Would be nice if manufacturers added some sort of indicator. Now with apt-x HD that's even more important. Assuming the phone also has apt-x HD, how will we know the pairing between it and the XB10 isn't regular apt-x or worse?

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #50 of 457

It's just too bad that aptX HD support is so rare:

https://www.aptx.com/products?field_aptx_type_tid=483

My Galaxy S7 Edge is "only" aptX, but I'm sure streamed Bluetooth audio to the XB10 will sounds the best the phone can offer.

- Dave

TBH, I don't hear much of a difference between my iPhone (aac) and aptX devices with my nobel audio bts. we will see if this device proves to be better.

Anyway, I should be getting mine in tomorrow since it looks like the distribution center is about 1 hour from my house. 

Can't wait to hear your impressions

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #51 of 457
I've got one in, too, for review at headfonia. I've done only a few minutes of testing, but I get up to 12 metres (line of site) wireless distance here in rural Japan when connected to an iPhone. The AK70 gets up to a metre. Quite a bit of hiss but overall, pretty nice design, easy to use, and cool functionality.

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #52 of 457
I've got one in, too, for review at headfonia. I've done only a few minutes of testing, but I get up to 12 metres (line of site) wireless distance here in rural Japan when connected to an iPhone. The AK70 gets up to a metre. Quite a bit of hiss but overall, pretty nice design, easy to use, and cool functionality.

when can we expect the review to be up on the site?

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #56 of 457
Not full impressions:

-build quality is much better than nobel audio bts
-pairing is much better than nobel audio bts
-mic quality is much better than nobel audio bts
-bass quality is much better than nobel  audio bts
-much heavier and bigger  than nobel audio bts

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #57 of 457
Not full impressions:

-build quality is much better than nobel audio bts
-pairing is much better than nobel audio bts
-mic quality is much better than nobel audio bts
-bass quality is much better than nobel  audio bts
-much heavier and bigger  than nobel audio bts

Can you explain what "much better" means?

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #59 of 457
Can you explain what "much better" means?

the deep bass rolloff present in the nobel bts vs wired isn't there with the AK. AK sounds very close to wired in terms of bass

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #60 of 457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back