Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Nov 17, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #1,084 of 2,755
I have the sr25 since last saturday and also have a "wobble" in the volume wheel, i was wondering now that the sr25 has been sold for more months if more people experience this?
I made a short video of my example: https://streamable.com/9vf8p1

My volume knob is way worse. It started like yours and now its squeaks and rattles, and has more resistance than before, as if they're something stuck in there ( there isn't). It's just worn out. Before it ticked satisfyingly. I'd recommend using it sparingly, only to activate volume control and to fine-tune the volume

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #1,085 of 2,755
My volume knob is way worse. It started like yours and now its squeaks and rattles, and has more resistance than before, as if they're something stuck in there ( there isn't). It's just worn out. Before it ticked satisfyingly. I'd recommend using it sparingly, only to activate volume control and to fine-tune the volume
For such an expensive device you would expect everything to work the way it should. I have 2 year warranty so if it breaks iam claiming. But it doesn't give me a nice feeling knowing it will get worse :frowning2:

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,086 of 2,755
The option will not be available until the player performs it's first scan. Once the initial scan completes, you will have the option to perform a manual scan.
So, I'm now performing a manual scan every time I add new music to my SD card, and now all my music is playing without issue. Strange thing remains: I cannot manually delete music (Artists, albums or individual tracks), off the SD card from the player. Sr25 reads "DELETE FAILED". I have to go back into Android File Transfer, delete the items, and then perform the scan once again, and then the items are deleted. In my years with A&K products, I've never had too manually perform scans. Music on the SR25 internal memory can be deleted on the player, no problem at all.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,087 of 2,755
Hi guys, I've posted my full review of the SR25 over here. It's a great little piece of kit!

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.08.17 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.08.31 pm.png
Nice choice of tunes, esp. “Angel Dust”, one of my all-time favorites!

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,088 of 2,755
The option will not be available until the player performs it's first scan. Once the initial scan completes, you will have the option to perform a manual scan.
Thanks for this tip, it saved me from sending a second unit back, and I wasn’t really interested in doing that. My SR25 is performing tip-top now and I’m very happy it is my hands. I’m not sure the reason why I have to perform a manual scan each time I load music onto the SD card, but if this is what makes this great player work, so be it. Just strange that I’ve owned three previous A&K models and currently KANN CUBE, and I’ve never had to perform manual media scans after loading music to the players.

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #1,089 of 2,755
08ADBF16-2080-421B-B966-FBF0FC174B30.jpeg
Does anyone know what this tab/button means? Is it to change the album sort order from alphabetical to year of release? I believe it is, but if you notice, I tag all my album titles with the prefix of their year of release. My KANN CUBE doesn’t have this tab/button on its screen.

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #1,090 of 2,755
I know SanDisk card should work but it didn't for my SR25 either. It was real, not a fake.

Samsung micro sd card I bought instead works no problem.

I don’t have an explanation as to why, but just wanted to share my experience.

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #1,092 of 2,755
SR25 is more mid f
Hi

I have a FiiO M11 Pro and FH7 IEM's. I'm looking for a warmer sound with bass that's slightly north of flat. Would the SR25 suit?

Regards

Darren

SR25 is more mid focused, yet will wipe the floor with the M11 Pro for musicality of which the FiiO is pretty much devoid of. M11 Pro despite all it's technical prowess simply comes across as being overly bright, overly analytical, boring & dull as a source. I wouldn't even class the M11 Pro as reference, more sterile and I own one...

Q-6

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,094 of 2,755
SR25 is more mid f

SR25 is more mid focused, yet will wipe the floor with the M11 Pro for musicality of which the FiiO is pretty much devoid of. M11 Pro despite all it's technical prowess simply comes across as being overly bright, overly analytical, boring & dull as a source. I wouldn't even class the M11 Pro as reference, more sterile and I own one...

Q-6

Thanks for the reply. Does it still have good bass quantity? Any opinions on the SE700 and KANN Alpha. Realise they are in a different price bracket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back