Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Oct 22, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #961 of 2,746
It doesn't make sense considering that it was working a few weeks ago...

Did you import it from another country? As some countries have differing WiFi bands and routers tend to auto switch bands to avoid interference. If the router is on a band the SR25 cant see then no connection. If not don't know, can always reset the DAP and see what happens or you can manually set the router to a fixed band or just restart it.

Or it cold be a plain and simple hardware failure...

Q-6

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #962 of 2,746
Hi, another newbie here - just bought my SR25 and sound quality is really impressive. A couple of questions to all:
- AK Connect - I am using it basically to remote control SR25 from my iPhone/IPAD using the AK Connect 2.0 App. Connects fine and works fine, but only for minutes - when the screen turns off - some 4-5 minutes - it disconnect... I have to wake up the SR25, get the notification that AK Connect has been enabled and it starts working again... Any ideas?
- Wifi - similar issue - works fine, good connection, but disconnects after some minutes/
I tried fiddling with the timers and but both to Always turn on, and screen time to maximum but no luck.

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #963 of 2,746
And a separate one. BBC Iplayer is one of the whitelisted apps, works well, but it is being discontinued by early next month, and replaced by BBC Sounds - which is not whitelisted - tried to reinstall, but logically can't.
A&K, any time frame to whitelist the replacement BBC Sounds app?

Oct 25, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #964 of 2,746
Just took delivery of an SR25, one of a few A&K players I’ve owned, but having possible troubles with the micro SD slot. Here’s the deal: thought I had a corrupted card, because it won’t play any of the music already on the card that I just pulled out of my old AK70mkII, that I used as recently as last week. Any music in the 64gb internal storage on the SR25 plays effortlessly. Did the formatting and everything and brought over a 1tb card I currently have in a KANN CUBE, all the music transferred over fine, but when I tried to populate with some fresh music through Android File Transfer, it seems like it’s transferring but doesn’t up. Real frustrating, but this is first time I’ve had these problems with an A&K player

Oct 25, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #965 of 2,746
Just took delivery of an SR25, one of a few A&K players I’ve owned, but having possible troubles with the micro SD slot. Here’s the deal: thought I had a corrupted card, because it won’t play any of the music already on the card that I just pulled out of my old AK70mkII, that I used as recently as last week. Any music in the 64gb internal storage on the SR25 plays effortlessly. Did the formatting and everything and brought over a 1tb card I currently have in a KANN CUBE, all the music transferred over fine, but when I tried to populate with some fresh music through Android File Transfer, it seems like it’s transferring but doesn’t up. Real frustrating, but this is first time I’ve had these problems with an A&K player

I've a problem with two of every track showing up on the micro SD card. One plays, the other doesn't. It's weird.

[/QUOTE]

Oct 25, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #966 of 2,746
I formatted the SD card to FAT32 with the recommended 3rd party application, formatted once again in the player, copied all albums via the PC's SD card reader. Had zero issues so far with my SR25

Q.6

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #967 of 2,746
I formatted the SD card to FAT32 with the recommended 3rd party application, formatted once again in the player, copied all albums via the PC's SD card reader. Had zero issues so far with my SR25

Q.6
This is really strange, but there is some disconnect on my player with this SanDisk card. I’m gonna try and brand new one and format it fresh in the player.

Oct 26, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #968 of 2,746
Potentially the SD card is not genuine as they are unfortunately all too prolific these days. I'd format the new card with recommended FAT32 Formater application, then format once again in the player. If the issue persists best to reach out to A&K. Personally I remove the SD card to load music as the PC's card reader is far faster in comparison the players.

Q-6

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #969 of 2,746
Potentially the SD card is not genuine as they are unfortunately all too prolific these days. I'd format the new card with recommended FAT32 Formater application, then format once again in the player. If the issue persists best to reach out to A&K. Personally I remove the SD card to load music as the PC's card reader is far faster in comparison the players.

Q-6
I feel the card, while legitimate because I’ve had no problem with it in an A&K player, may now be “corrupted” and needing to be replaced. SD cards are known to be finicky sometimes, I guess.

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #970 of 2,746
I feel the card, while legitimate because I’ve had no problem with it in an A&K player, may now be “corrupted” and needing to be replaced. SD cards are known to be finicky sometimes, I guess.

You could also try the official SD Memory Card formatter this will revert the card to EX FAT. I'd set the app to do a full format (overnight as takes a good while to complete), then format again to FAT 32 with the Rigecrop app (again a full format), finally format again in the player and hopefully that will correct the SD card.

I did have an issue with a 512 Micro SD card with my Sony WM1A and that process resolved it (EX FAT only) although it may have also been related to Sony's dire PC SW, subsequently the card has not been of any issue.

TBH I don't see why FAT 32 is a requirement in 2020, equally it's the default format in the player and recommended by A&K so FAT 32 it is...

Q-6

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #971 of 2,746
So, what is strange is I have a 1TB SanDisk card in my KANN CUBE that I just checked and it’s formatted to ExFat and it has given me no problems.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #972 of 2,746
Far as I can gather the players will read EX FAT with no issue, potentially A&K playing overly safe for reasons unknow or simply an oversight in the documentation.

Q-6

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #973 of 2,746
Far as I can gather the players will read EX FAT with no issue, potentially A&K playing overly safe for reasons unknow or simply an oversight in the documentation.

Q-6
Thanks for all your input! Thinking the existing card may be corrupted, waiting on a fresh one. If it doesn’t work, I feel it may be a bad SD card slot on the new SR25.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #974 of 2,746
It is suggested to format the card inside SR25 and transfer the music onto the SD card when it's inside SR25 connected to PC.

SanDisk 512gb still didn't work in my SR25 though, had to return and get a Samsung.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #975 of 2,746
It is suggested to format the card inside SR25 and transfer the music onto the SD card when it's inside SR25 connected to PC.

SanDisk 512gb still didn't work in my SR25 though, had to return and get a Samsung.
That’s what I’ve always done, that’s why this whole thing has been such a mystery. I’ve never needed to load music externally with a card reader or needed formatting programs. I’m working on a MacBook with Android File Transfer and though many will tell me that’s a bad set-up, it’s worked for me for all my A&K DAP’s: AK240, AK300, AK70MKII, and KANN CUBE. SanDisk has always treated me well, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back