Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #2,476 of 2,755
Right, for that to work, the SR25 would have to support Android Auto, which it doesn’t today and I’d be surprised if it ever does.

If you want to use the SR25 as a source in your car, you can set it to Line Out and use a 3.5mm cable to connect it to the Aux In of your car. That way you’ll be using the SR25’s DAC stage, which is why you bought it, right?

Or, you could do what I did and forget about using the SR25 in the car, and just use your phone instead :wink:
This is what I do in my truck and the sound is amazing. Highly recommend this over trying to use Bluetooth.

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #2,478 of 2,755
My mint SR25 + leather case are listed in the classifieds :wink:.

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #2,479 of 2,755
I had a scary issue today while trying to connect an SR25 mkii to a Beoplay P6 speaker through USB-c.
The "Audio USB" setting of the player turned "on" automatically when i connected the cable but no sound, only a little noise and after a while, the SR25 mkii turned off with no way to turn it back "on", i had to connect it to my Mac..

Could that be a cable issue?
Here is the one i used : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08FDJ36XW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which cable would allow me to play sound through USB-c (i need a USB-c to USB-c cable),

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #2,481 of 2,755
AK entry level players never seem to be very popular considering the TOTL are so expensive
Not quite sure I follow, but for me the SR25 is a great little DAP, emphasis on “little”.

Since getting the SR25 a bit more than 2 years ago I’ve added the HiBy RS6, which is a nice upgrade for a different kind of sound, and is just pocketable enough. Anything bigger would be problematic for me. Up to now I also struggle to justify more $$ for the luggable TOTL players, as I find much better value from desktop gear.

I’ve kept the SR25 mainly because sometimes I just want something that disappears in my pocket with negligible battery angst. If/when A&K release the next model in the A&Norma line I’d have a good look at it for sure.

Sep 18, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #2,482 of 2,755
Hi all,
I have the original Sr25 and started using it as a transport (USB Fixed out to DAC USB in) to my main system when I'm doing home listening and I've found that sometimes it just stops midway through a track.
Has anybody had this issue or know and reason why it could be doing it?

Seems odd that it'd be completely fine for sometimes hours of listening and suddenly 'NOPE" itself.

ty in advance

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #2,483 of 2,755
Hi all,
I have the original Sr25 and started using it as a transport (USB Fixed out to DAC USB in) to my main system when I'm doing home listening and I've found that sometimes it just stops midway through a track.
Has anybody had this issue or know and reason why it could be doing it?

Seems odd that it'd be completely fine for sometimes hours of listening and suddenly 'NOPE" itself.

ty in advance
i don't know about the SR25 but are you using a macbook - they are notoriously temperamental with USB audio out
If so open the activity monitor and kill the coreaudio daemon - if your sound restarts then it might be that
caveat - restarting mine only fixes it for a bit then it happens again

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #2,484 of 2,755
Not quite sure I follow, but for me the SR25 is a great little DAP, emphasis on “little”.

Since getting the SR25 a bit more than 2 years ago I’ve added the HiBy RS6, which is a nice upgrade for a different kind of sound, and is just pocketable enough. Anything bigger would be problematic for me. Up to now I also struggle to justify more $$ for the luggable TOTL players, as I find much better value from desktop gear.

I’ve kept the SR25 mainly because sometimes I just want something that disappears in my pocket with negligible battery angst. If/when A&K release the next model in the A&Norma line I’d have a good look at it for sure.

I never said anything about it not being great, I just wondered why only the TOTL players seem to get the spotlight but when it comes to other brands entry level plays have a much larger fanbase.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #2,485 of 2,755
i don't know about the SR25 but are you using a macbook - they are notoriously temperamental with USB audio out
If so open the activity monitor and kill the coreaudio daemon - if your sound restarts then it might be that
caveat - restarting mine only fixes it for a bit then it happens again
No no, I use the SR25 directly as a transport. So USB out of the SR25 and into my DAC.

It's weird, sometimes it'll play without and problems for hours and then will just stop (Not changing format or anything either).

Could it be microSD read speed issues?

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #2,487 of 2,755
I've recently started to face a problem of the home button not responding, has anyone faced the same issue, if so, what was the fix? Many Thanks in advance 😊
Try a soft reset. To perform a soft reset - while the player is turned on, press and hold the power button for 10 - 12 seconds until the player shuts down. Press the power button again to restart the player.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #2,488 of 2,755
Any chance the SR25 will be compatible with Roon Arc anytime?

Sep 22, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #2,489 of 2,755
Try a soft reset. To perform a soft reset - while the player is turned on, press and hold the power button for 10 - 12 seconds until the player shuts down. Press the power button again to restart the player.
Thank You Sir for your reply, I've already tried a soft reset, hard reset, settings reset, and I updated the firmware from 1.12 to 1.20 but no change. That said, it did start working yesterday but after a reboot it's stopped working again. Coincidentally, it stopped working after fitting a toughened-glass screen protector but No other touch screen functions have been affected, (still very responsive). I thought the protector may have been the issue, but as demonstrated yesterday, the home button was unaffected by the glass when it decided to work again. So! I'm at a loss as what the problem could be. I think I will try download the firmware update again via computer and installing using the computer, otherwise....
Again, thank You kindly for your reply, any other ideas would be most welcome 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back