Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Jan 9, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #961 of 1,568
We were targeting the end of December, but with the holidays assumed it would get pushed a bit. Last update I had before the holidays was that it was close. Our dev team had to make a change that the Roon team requested, then it needed to go back to Roon for testing which can take a few weeks. I should hopefully have an update this week.

Hi @JasonNYC

I just got around to updating to the latest firmware. This isn't a bug report as such, but just a niggle.

Could you ask to improve the localisation on one of the update messages: "Device will be rebooting" isn't really correct English. "Device will reboot" should be enough here. Thanks.

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #964 of 1,568
Hi @JasonNYC

I just got around to updating to the latest firmware. This isn't a bug report as such, but just a niggle.

Could you ask to improve the localisation on one of the update messages: "Device will be rebooting" isn't really correct English. "Device will reboot" should be enough here. Thanks.
I've must've asked for that to be changed at least 50 times over the last 6 months. It drives me crazy also.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #965 of 1,568
I've must've asked for that to be changed at least 50 times over the last 6 months. It drives me crazy also.

If you're anywhere near as old as me, you might remember chuckling about similar standard English in 1970's Onkyo HiFi manuals...

But seriously, poor use of English like this (especially for a major language like English) does reflect on the company/product in question - if the company can't get the basic details like English language right, then it leads to thoughts about cost-cutting in other areas.

And the wording in the UI is such an easy thing to get right, as there's not much of it.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #966 of 1,568
@JasonNYC Can I download the update offline and install it? Trying to update on the device just make me mad. My Wi-Fi keep getting disconnected during the update and there is no resuming update so I am basically re-downloading this big update every time. I've tested with my Wi-Fi hotspot and it's the same thing. It's extremely annoying. The wireless on my device is just not reliable.

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #967 of 1,568
@JasonNYC Can I download the update offline and install it? Trying to update on the device just make me mad. My Wi-Fi keep getting disconnected during the update and there is no resuming update so I am basically re-downloading this big update every time. I've tested with my Wi-Fi hotspot and it's the same thing. It's extremely annoying. The wireless on my device is just not reliable.
It sounds like you have a faulty unit. I also had WiFi issues on one of my SE100s before I returned it. You should definitely try getting it replaced

Jan 10, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #968 of 1,568
Hey everyone how would you know if the tracks have been downloaded for offline mode on tidal? There isnt any download indicator like spotify so i dont know if the songs are actually being downloaded or not..

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #969 of 1,568
So i think there is really a problem with downloading songs for tidal offline. I just tried uninstalling the latest 11.1 version and tried the 11.0 version and i still cant download songs. Might be because of the latest fw update? Can anyone confirm this?

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #970 of 1,568
Damn. While waiting for the release of the Hiby R6 Pro I took the chance yesterday and had a listen to an A+K SP1000m in comparison to a SE100 at a local dealer. The latter sounded that nice to me (with my DM6) that I could not withstand anymore and - facing quite a good offer - ordered one today... Sorry Hiby, sorry for my wallet, welcome A+K...

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #971 of 1,568
Damn. While waiting for the release of the Hiby R6 Pro I took the chance yesterday and had a listen to an A+K SP1000m in comparison to a SE100 at a local dealer. The latter sounded that nice to me (with my DM6) that I could not withstand anymore and - facing quite a good offer - ordered one today... Sorry Hiby, sorry for my wallet, welcome A+K...

Congratulations! I was on the same boat as well, was supposed to get the r6 pro but decided on the se100’s instead. By the way are you going to use tidal? Just installed tidal apk yesterday and i cant seem to download songs offline. Everything is perfect . Just the only problem which is driving me insane

Jan 10, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #972 of 1,568
Congratulations! I was on the same boat as well, was supposed to get the r6 pro but decided on the se100’s instead. By the way are you going to use tidal? Just installed tidal apk yesterday and i cant seem to download songs offline. Everything is perfect . Just the only problem which is driving me insane
No, I will be using Qobuz with it. By the way - as I could not test yesterday: what is the quality of the WiFi like? Stable and fast enough for streaming HiRes?

Jan 10, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #973 of 1,568
No, I will be using Qobuz with it. By the way - as I could not test yesterday: what is the quality of the WiFi like? Stable and fast enough for streaming HiRes?

Yes from where i am it is pretty good. Internet here at home is fast so no issues here..

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #974 of 1,568
Would you care to expand on your statement? Should I go out and buy a pair of SE846's or maybe a pair you recommend?

I've just moved from Shure SE535s to SE846s (using the same Atlas Zeno IEM cable).

The reality is they are much ore detailed and better suited to the SE100. The bass is clear, punchy and fast whereas I felt it was lacking a bit with the 535s.

I must try the 846s with the AK70 Mkii before I sell it, for comparison.

Jan 11, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #975 of 1,568
Does anybody know whether it's possible to use 512 GB microSD cards with the SE100? If not might that change with future software updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back