Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Nov 26, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #752 of 1,568
Just curious and please don’t judge, but can I play the occasional YouTube video on this? I am not sure if either the google play store or the amazon version is available for this?

No you can't. A&K players don't have open Android.
If video streaming is a "must-have" for u, look into Hiby R6 or Ibasso DX150 or DX200. On those you can easily install Youtube app by side-loading apk file.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #754 of 1,568
Just curious and please don’t judge, but can I play the occasional YouTube video on this? I am not sure if either the google play store or the amazon version is available for this?
Oh I can’t imagine anyone judging you for that :)

Hiby R6 has google play. Ibasso DX150 and DX200 can be easily modded with Lurker’s ROM to also run google play. PM me if you’d like offline thoughts on the former.

Nov 27, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #760 of 1,568
I have a se100 coming tomorrow. Looking to comparing it to my dx200 and dpx1. For the money, I certainly hope it stomps them both!
On another note, with this userbase of A&K players getting MQA in a couple weeks it will be interesting to see if there is a collective yawn or if it is seen as something of a revelation. I have a feeling it will be one or the other...
Fun stuff!

Sale items: CA Andromeda’s

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #762 of 1,568
Well it's arrived... charged, firmware upgraded... WOW. The clarity and detail is incredible, it really is leagues beyond the AK70 MkII.

Only thing I don't like is when you got to ARTISTS - tap the artist - then you have to scroll through the albums in alphabetical order.

Is there any way to just have the albums showing the artwork, rather than listing the tracks? (if that makes sense?)

Nov 28, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #763 of 1,568
Well it's arrived... charged, firmware upgraded... WOW. The clarity and detail is incredible, it really is leagues beyond the AK70 MkII.

Only thing I don't like is when you got to ARTISTS - tap the artist - then you have to scroll through the albums in alphabetical order.

Is there any way to just have the albums showing the artwork, rather than listing the tracks? (if that makes sense?)
Not possible... I also miss that option.

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #765 of 1,568
Having just spent a lot of money, it does feel like a basic UX mistake.
Yeah maybe when Jason sees your post he will pass it to AK software team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back