Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Nov 23, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #736 of 1,568
Hi @yukeelun

Received your PM a little while ago, but figured I would post the answer publicly for all.

Per the instruction manual and our website, we recommend using a 9V/1.67A charger max for best charging results. Qualcomm quick chargers are designed to be backwards compatible and only output the max amount of power a device can accept as long as the charger is a genuine charger. If you are the same person that messaged us on Facebook with pictures yesterday, I know our customer support team already responded a few times. When you connect the USB voltage reader between the QC 3.0 charger and the SE100, the voltage reader is possibly pulling the 12V and then passing it onto the SE100 at 12V, which is not recommended. Connecting directly to the SE100 may output the correct voltage, again, as long as you are using a genuine QC 3.0 charger that is operating within spec.

The Samsung chargers are QC 2.0 compatible chargers, which is why you are seeing 9V/1.6A output on the USB voltage meter. For best results and to ensure you are getting the correct voltage, we recommend a QC 2.0 charger to be safe.

Hi Jason,

Hope you had a good thanksgiving~
I got a question abt how to safely charge the SE100 with a power bank. There aren't that many power bank out there that claims they have a 9v/1.67a output. Even those QC 2.0 or 3.0 compatible ones don't have it. Instead, they either have a output power of 9V/2A, or 5V/2.4A (sometimes 3A). Would it be okay to charge the SE100 with 9V/2A or 5V/2.4A output?
Nowadays most cellphones have a way to auto-detect the charging power and limit the input within safety. Is SE100 able to do this?

Thanks!!!

Nov 25, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #744 of 1,568
SE100 due to arrive here in a couple of days and looking to upgrade IEMs to make the best use of it. Any recommendations around 1k usd mark? Currently have my eyes on Andromeda S.

Listen to classic rock and ambient mainly, also some jazz and minimal techno
Check out the Black Friday deals from Alo/Campfire. I picked up a Vega and balanced cable to try.
Presumably you got a BF deal on the SE100. Nice.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #745 of 1,568
Well, I've joined the SE100 party as well. The Black Friday deal has been eating away at me all weekend, and I finally relented. I really don't need anything more than the SR15, but I just cannot handle the wonky screen - probably a shrewd plan by A&K!

Should arrive in a couple of days, and replace my AK70 MkII. In the short term it'll partner my Shure SE535 / Atlas Zeno IEM cable... but I suspect I'll be upgrading those in the new year to make the most of the player's abilities.

Nov 26, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #749 of 1,568
Well astell loves releasing new stuff so it's probably just a matter of time.

And once new stuffs got released, Astell stops providing updates for the old stuff. That kinda sucks.
Every time Astell posts firmware update information on facebook, u see a lot of Kann and A70mkii users screaming...

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #750 of 1,568
And once new stuffs got released, Astell stops providing updates for the old stuff. That kinda sucks.
Every time Astell posts firmware update information on facebook, u see a lot of Kann and A70mkii users screaming...

Almost purchased the mkii and glad I didn't. I would've been pretty sad seeing them release a new one so soon. I'm holding out until the new sp1000 before I upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back