Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Jul 16, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #182 of 1,568
I almost bought that last week but they charged tax, too, which brought it almost to the same price as a new one for me. So I went with unopened, instead. Hope you like it when you get it!

Jul 16, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #183 of 1,568
I almost bought that last week but they charged tax, too, which brought it almost to the same price as a new one for me. So I went with unopened, instead. Hope you like it when you get it!

I would have had to pay sales taxes regardless, so that was a mostly neutral consideration for me. It is being delivered to me in CO, where sales taxes are a little higher than where I live in MD, but the difference was on the order of $12.

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #186 of 1,568
AK SE100.

No, there's no case included. AK will sell you one for £90, and you can get one from MITER on Amazon for £50.

I just use a felt bag to carry mine around.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #194 of 1,568
do you know if it'll read a USB3 self-powered external HD? something to the tune of 2+TB?

The maximum size for a FAT32 partition is 2TB. I don't think you could go larger than 2TB. On the SP1000 thread there are pictures and success stories with SSD's. I don't remember any success or even comments on USB powered spinning discs. If you powered the portable USB disc with external power it might work.

Personally the only items I had available to test were a USB memory stick and an SD card. Also you need an OTG (On-The-Go) cable or adapter to make the connection.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #195 of 1,568
20180718_180257.jpg

My greetings!
This is second day i've been listening flac files with SE100 paired with NOBLE KAISER ENCORE. Very nice sound quality. Really impressed! A little bit digital, noticeably bright and airy sound with surprisingly great bass, resolving mids, and clear highs. Highs a little thin but not drilling.
Im sure most people will find SE100 just fine and will be happy about their dap.
Yes the difference with SP1000 is there, u feel what missing. Tight, rich and deep sound with still clear highs, lash mids and textured bass, almost free from digital coloring sound is still im my memory. The difference is not radical and still noticeable. Im not an audio freak and i dont really care about slight differences in highs, mids and so on and so forth. Its just SP1000 delivering the sound differently, nobly, in an aristocratic way. Mellow, velvet sound just won me over!
Do i justify paying 1k more? Well, i'm in a tough spot. SE100 is a very good dap which can be easily carried with you (weighs the same as my note8 phone). Its practical and sounds just great! In fact many people will find its sound more appealing even if they could buy SP1000 same price!
I found listening electronic music, especially psychill, ambient styles more lovely on SE100!

For those who bought/will buy SE100 you guys have/will have one of the best dap on the market. Its just that good!
For those who have SP1000, you guys having the best portable dap that money can buy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back