Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Jul 25, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #211 of 1,568
I'm new to A&K.
How are firmware updates communicated -- just a pop up on device or ???
Are they only periodic major changes or incrementally -- like Oppo or Lumagen?

Mike

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #212 of 1,568
I'm new to A&K.
How are firmware updates communicated -- just a pop up on device or ???
Are they only periodic major changes or incrementally -- like Oppo or Lumagen?

Mike
You will have to have the SE100 on WiFi. They will show as a notification, and then you allow the update to occur. Some times they don’t seem to do much. Some times they do a lot.

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #213 of 1,568
You will have to have the SE100 on WiFi. They will show as a notification, and then you allow the update to occur. Some times they don’t seem to do much. Some times they do a lot.
Thanks.
I haven't connected WiFi at home and my work WiFi needs a browser login.
Any thoughts on how to get that browser login version to work?

Mike

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #216 of 1,568
Thanks.
I haven't connected WiFi at home and my work WiFi needs a browser login.
Any thoughts on how to get that browser login version to work?

No, the manual states that browser login for the WiFi isn't supported. I have the same issue at work, so have to take my device home if I need any updates.

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #217 of 1,568
No, the manual states that browser login for the WiFi isn't supported. I have the same issue at work, so have to take my device home if I need any updates.
Bummer, but thanks.
That is helpful, so I don't waste more time on trying.

Mike

Jul 25, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #218 of 1,568
Bummer, but thanks.
That is helpful, so I don't waste more time on trying.

Mike
What firmware version do you have right now? There was a firmware update from new, and it's 1.02CM. The next firmware will probably be in September, so there's probably no rush needed to get it updated any time soon. You'll soon hear when there's a new one anyway - it'll be posted up.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #219 of 1,568
What firmware version do you have right now? There was a firmware update from new, and it's 1.02CM. The next firmware will probably be in September, so there's probably no rush needed to get it updated any time soon. You'll soon hear when there's a new one anyway - it'll be posted up.
I'm on 1.00CM.
I should bring home and try update.
Is there a log of what the FW updates do?

Mike

EDIT:
I found this URL, but may be blocked from work:
https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/support/download/list.asp

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #220 of 1,568
The web site only lists version 1.02, so isn’t up to date.

As far as I recall, to release notes just mentions “usability and stability updates” I certainly didn’t notice any obvious change from version 1.00.

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #223 of 1,568
Very nice video. Looking forward to the full review. I'm so glad I bought this instead of the R6. I'm sure the R6 is great, but this AK has quality and power that will hopefully last me years in a hobby where you might buy a new DAP every year or so. In that respect, this is true value for money.

Oh, you don't have to go to the main menu to get to EQ. Just long-press on the EQ button from the top slider and it'll take you right to the EQ screen. Same with the other top buttons - long press will take you to the right screen (if there is one).

You can also get to the main screen by tapping on the "A" top left. But yeah, swiping feels cool.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #225 of 1,568
this is my first time owning an A&K dap, actually a dap in general. just wanted to know, has anyone experienced any bugs on it? overheating? is this normal? just now I tried to add a song to a playlist and it got stuck on the please wait bar. it was already hot before this happened (just from normal use), I wonder if that affected it.

if this is normal, then nvm

thanks guy :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back