Astell&Kern, or Astell and Kern, AK PA 10 portable headphone amplifier impressions, comments, or general discussion
Apr 24, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #586 of 589
I'm waiting for another little friend of the AKPA10 to arrive who has only one weak point in amplification (not for power but for refinement)... FiiO Q15. We will see what they will be able to express when connected to each other. The desktop mode function and the 4.4mm balanced line out should make it perfect for the AKPA10. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives. :wink:
And did you already had a listen to the combo?

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #588 of 589
And did you already had a listen to the combo?

Yeah im also very interested how they compare as a combo and as separate devices (pa10 with some nice source of course).

I hope to let you know as soon as I have the Q15 in my hands, which if it behaves well connected to the PA10 could truly represent something unique, given the presence of balanced line out (which the H7 does not have) and above all the function Desktop Mode which at the same time preserves the battery (by not charging it) and increases performance... let's hope this is really the case. This Desktop Mode should be implemented by now in all dac/amps but unfortunately this is not the case yet (D16 Taipan I'm looking at you). My 20k powerbank and PA10 can't wait to meet it. Then for 300 euros it is really convenient... practically the price of a dongle and not even the most expensive ones. I'll let you know as soon as possible. :wink:

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #589 of 589
slt6.jpg

The musicality of the Colorfly CDA-M1P
The power, the stage and the fullness of the Astell&Kern AK PA10
The precision, the tonality and the technical qualities of the Myer Audio SLIIVO SL-T6
Joe Satriani's six-string guitar
The music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back