Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Sep 19, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #5,266 of 5,856
Anyone else had the below experience when charging?

I got a brand new sp2k and since yesterday plugging the device in results in the screen blinking a few times before finally showing a battery charging sign.

This wasn't the case for the first few weeks, I hope that it isn't a usb-c port/battery issue.

EDIT: a factory reset did not to fix this issue…

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #5,267 of 5,856
I’ve just received my SP2000. This is my first A&K (and Android) device, and I cannot for the life of me sort out how to exit the Roon screen to get back to the main interface. Can someone enlighten this humble idiot? How do I get back to my on-device library when I’m on the Roon screen…without restarting the device?

Thanks for any help!

Rob

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #5,268 of 5,856
I’ve just received my SP2000. This is my first A&K (and Android) device, and I cannot for the life of me sort out how to exit the Roon screen to get back to the main interface. Can someone enlighten this humble idiot? How do I get back to my on-device library when I’m on the Roon screen…without restarting the device?

Thanks for any help!

Rob
Press the home button.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #5,270 of 5,856
Oh my god… I’m an idiot. I didn’t realize there was a touch button below the screen. Thanks!
Haha! It is a very well hidden home button. Enjoy!

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #5,271 of 5,856
Anyone else had the below experience when charging?

I got a brand new sp2k and since yesterday plugging the device in results in the screen blinking a few times before finally showing a battery charging sign.

This wasn't the case for the first few weeks, I hope that it isn't a usb-c port/battery issue.

EDIT: a factory reset did not to fix this issue…
I’ve got a preordered SP2000 so early unit and mine flashes the screen twice with an empty battery symbol and then the third time stays on for a few seconds and shows where the actual charge level is, this is when it’s turned off.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #5,272 of 5,856
I’ve got a preordered SP2000 so early unit and mine flashes the screen twice with an empty battery symbol and then the third time stays on for a few seconds and shows where the actual charge level is, this is when it’s turned off.
Yup, exactly the same here. I have only had my current unit for a few weeks though.

Sep 25, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #5,273 of 5,856
Enjoying Hi-Res streaming from Qobuz on my SP2KCu :ksc75smile:

AKRHPW.png

Sep 25, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #5,277 of 5,856
Enjoying Hi-Res streaming from Qobuz on my SP2KCu :ksc75smile:

Nice! Whilst I prefer the sound signature of the Kann Alpha with the Trailii, I think the SP2000Cu has a wonderful smooth signature too. Though I do tend to use it primarily with my BA based IEMs. :)

Ooh! I was right: I thought I recognized the navy sheathing of the mighty Orpheus! How is the cable? Worth the impressive price?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #5,278 of 5,856
Nice! Whilst I prefer the sound signature of the Kann Alpha with the Trailii, I think the SP2000Cu has a wonderful smooth signature too. Though I do tend to use it primarily with my BA based IEMs. :)

Ooh! I was right: I thought I recognized the navy sheathing of the mighty Orpheus! How is the cable? Worth the impressive price?

Ah! Traillii ... :heart_eyes: I would love to test them!

Rhapsodio Infinity are BA based CIEM.

It's indeed the Orpheus but not the shielding version.
More I listen to it more I like it :) I noticed a big difference with the stock cable.
If your question is : "Is this difference worth 4x the price?" Not sure, like with most very high end cables with very high prices like the Aeneid and Centurion
But the Orpheus is a lot more comfortable then the stock cable and the way it's build I get a better seal with the Infinity mkII.
The stock cable (Rhapsodio Premium Copper 2 wire) of the Infinity was already very good but with the Orpheus I get better bass, more details, better layering, better soundstage and some welcome smoothness. With the combo SP2K-Orpheus-Infinity female vocals are to die :heart_eyes:
Build quality of the cable is excellent and it comes in a nice metal box. There is no microphonics.

IMG_3490.png

IMG_3495.png

Sep 26, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #5,279 of 5,856
Ah! Traillii ... :heart_eyes: I would love to test them!

Rhapsodio Infinity are BA based CIEM.

It's indeed the Orpheus but not the shielding version.
More I listen to it more I like it :) I noticed a big difference with the stock cable.
If your question is : "Is this difference worth 4x the price?" Not sure, like with most very high end cables with very high prices like the Aeneid and Centurion
But the Orpheus is a lot more comfortable then the stock cable and the way it's build I get a better seal with the Infinity mkII.
The stock cable (Rhapsodio Premium Copper 2 wire) of the Infinity was already very good but with the Orpheus I get better bass, more details, better layering, better soundstage and some welcome smoothness. With the combo SP2K-Orpheus-Infinity female vocals are to die :heart_eyes:
Build quality of the cable is excellent and it comes in a nice metal box. There is no microphonics.

IMG_3490.png

IMG_3495.png
Ah OK. I was indeed wondering about the shielding part and whether it mattered. Thanks for your views on the Orpheus. 🙏

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #5,280 of 5,856
I installed the Apple Music app version 3.6.0 on my SP2000 and I'm delighted to see it working well for both online and offline playback. I'm wondering how do you guys keep your apps updated? do we have to delete the current version from the player before installing the new version or will the new version just overwrite the existing version on your player? and what happens to the music that you have downloaded for offline listening whenever you update your apps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back