Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Apr 2, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #3,050 of 5,840
Sound Quality is fantastic with the new firmware to my ears on sp2000cu

Seriously, my SS with 1.21 sounds tremendous. It's back in all it's original glory. I don't use the playlist feature so look forward to reviews of next FW before I upgrade. I do not want to lose this sound.

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #3,053 of 5,840
I confused today I connect sp2000 to internet but no update pop up and I went to setting and press update, it said "There is no new software" ????? I am using 1.19

By the way, do you guys have problem with 2.5 jack ? I think mine is loose.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #3,059 of 5,840
Sometimes Head-Amp has open box items for a good price. Right now they have a SP2K for a couple hundred off but there is a good place to start. Otherwise the used market here is worth a look.

Apr 5, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #3,060 of 5,840
So, I've been living with 1.21 for the past week. I've listened carefully for sonic changes over the firmware. The thing is with a firmware update, you're forced to compare present sound to a memory–a stored impression highly vulnerably to subjectivity. I... think... it sounds slightly clearer, more transparent, without giving up any analog fulness... maybe?

At any rate, it sounds gorgeous. But, I'm one of the users that thought 1.19 sounded spectacular as well.

I did have a question, it seems now that every time the unit shuts down and comes back on it scans media all over again. Is this supposed to happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back