Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Oct 4, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,338 of 5,840
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #1,339 of 5,840
I just bought the dignis sp2000 case in black as well. Hope I like it!

Oct 5, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,340 of 5,840
@JasonNYC is there anyway you can have your team look into Spotify issues with the hardware buttons when the screen is off? It won’t ever just skip to to the next track, it is usually about 3-5 tracks. Sometimes it’ll get stuck in a skipping loop and there is no way to stop it, just constantly skips songs. Only happens with the SP2000 screen off, I had this same issue back when I had my SP1000M Gold also a few months back. Most recent version of Spotify.

Is there anything A&K can even do about this or would this be purely a Spotify problem? It’s getting super annoying.

Is there anyone else who uses or has access to a spotify account on their sp2000 that can replicate this issue?

Thanks!
My Kann Cube does this with Tidal, screen off usually jumps 2 tracks, but screen on usually works as intended....not sure about spotify, I don’t use it

Oct 5, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #1,341 of 5,840
Mm...I think I was the first to complain about the offline version of Tidal on the sp2k cu. It was buggy. Fast forward today and the older version of tidal offline seems to be more stable. There are still instances of freezing (no audio playback) but no more uncontrolled and continuous track skipping and the freezing can be cured by force stop.

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,342 of 5,840
I am seriously starting to doubt that money can't buy happiness.
Sitting in my room, listening to Kygo on SP2000 with AK T8IE IEM's.

I am in heaven. :L3000:
Wish more people could experience music the way it is really meant to be experienced...
This player sounds better to me every day.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #1,343 of 5,840

Wish more people could experience music the way it is really meant to be experienced...

If you really like the song, i'm sure you'll enjoy Kygo from your cellphone and a $50 set of IEMs.

To me, well made entry level gear and $3K DAP isn't night and day. It's more subtle.

With that being said, I'm glad you're happy with your gear. Buyer's remorse can be a bxxxx sometimes.

Enjoy your music.

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #1,344 of 5,840
If you really like the song, i'm sure you'll enjoy Kygo from your cellphone and a $50 set of IEMs.

To me, well made entry level gear and $3K DAP isn't night and day. It's more subtle.

With that being said, I'm glad you're happy with your gear. Buyer's remorse can be a bxxxx sometimes.

Enjoy your music.

I agree with you, music can be enjoyed on any gear, not arguing that.
I can enjoy music even with my cell phone playing nd laying flat on a table hah!

But, these subtle things can add up to a lot over time :wink:
For me, music before was mostly background noise. Now I find myself sitting and just going on a musical ride, just focusing on music and nothing else. (I will be honest though, I was listening to music while typing this lol).

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #1,345 of 5,840

... and I was about to add, if Kygo takes you up that high, try another Norwegian DJ, Alan Walker, which can take you up even higher :wink: I'm listening to all his tunes non-stop lately (Qobuz streaming).

Should be getting SP2k review loaner soon!

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #1,346 of 5,840

It's burning in...

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #1,347 of 5,840
Do you guys use the protective films provided by the SP2000 or no? Reasons why?

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #1,348 of 5,840
Do you guys use the protective films provided by the SP2000 or no? Reasons why?

No, scared I'll mess it up and it'll look cheap. Keep it in the case and seems pretty well protected and it'll probably never leave the flat. Do like the look of the Dignis, is it available in the UK anywhere? Looks as if it protects everything but the wheel.

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,349 of 5,840
Yeah seems like most people opt to not use the film protectors. I am in that group as well. I originally thought it is best to protect the screen with them etc. But **** it.

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #1,350 of 5,840
My dealer was nice enough to let me borrow his personal Copper SP2000 to compare to my Stainless Steel SP2000 and I must say, there are definitely some differences and I continue to question if it is just all in my head and will report back since first impressions are just that, impressions.

The SS Version picks up all the small details and is much "faster."

The Copper Version sounds fuller, little less detailed and more "musical."

Bass wise, seems like the gold version pumps little more bass.

These are just first impressions so I could be wrong but I will spend some intimate time periods with both and will report back. I do believe regardless at the end of the day this will be a preference call.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back