Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Apr 9, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #3,138 of 5,856
Please tell us more ... !

How about you tell us more? Did you do the latest upgrade? And did your playlists survive the process? I saw a few posts up that doing a settings reset is all that is required and that would not erase all the music on internal memory. I did the firmware but not the reset and don't bother asking me if the SQ changed, I won't be able to answer that.

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #3,140 of 5,856
How about you tell us more? Did you do the latest upgrade? And did your playlists survive the process? I saw a few posts up that doing a settings reset is all that is required and that would not erase all the music on internal memory. I did the firmware but not the reset and don't bother asking me if the SQ changed, I won't be able to answer that.
Yes my playlists survived to the upgrade process. but i haven't reset, because i'm fearing to loose everything. About the sound quality, i'm waiting for other's feedbacks.

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #3,141 of 5,856
Hi all,

Ive just ordered the SP2000 to replace my current source : my PC. Im using Tidal HiFi.
I have a Final Audio D8000, so Ive also ordered a balanced cable.

I was wondering if someone could help understand if Tidal MQA vs DSD is similar or better or hard to hear any difference with my setup (lets avoid talking about ears).
Thanks for your feedback,

Vincent,

Apr 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #3,142 of 5,856
Hi all,

Ive just ordered the SP2000 to replace my current source : my PC. Im using Tidal HiFi.
I have a Final Audio D8000, so Ive also ordered a balanced cable.

I was wondering if someone could help understand if Tidal MQA vs DSD is similar or better or hard to hear any difference with my setup (lets avoid talking about ears).
Thanks for your feedback,

Vincent,

AFAIK, Tidal only does the first unfold then the AK decodes to the original sample rate. IME, MQA is slightly louder and more forward while DSD (especially DSD512 created from HQPlayer) is more refined and holographic than MQA. The only MQA that is well mastered and rivals DSD512 subjectively is the Mozart Violin Concerto MQA remix (352 KHz original sample rate)
D0E51BEB-C05A-4E9C-B3A8-53EB7C585727.jpeg

Apr 9, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #3,143 of 5,856
AFAIK, Tidal only does the first unfold then the AK decodes to the original sample rate. IME, MQA is slightly louder and more forward while DSD (especially DSD512 created from HQPlayer) is more refined and holographic than MQA. The only MQA that is well mastered and rivals DSD512 subjectively is the Mozart Violin Concerto MQA remix (352 KHz original sample rate)
D0E51BEB-C05A-4E9C-B3A8-53EB7C585727.jpeg

Where can one get some DSD512 samples? And I will have to go take a listen to the suggested track!

Apr 9, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #3,144 of 5,856
Nope. It took about 4-5 seconds. What I think is happening is that it pre-caches the stream to RAM (to prevent dropouts) then clears that after awhile when not in use before the self-power off timer goes off.
So you have the same "problem" as I'm having. The reason I asked was that I also have the Kann Cube, and I'm not having the same issue with the Cube. When I pause a song on the Cube for 10 minutes, it still plays instantly when I hit the play button.

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #3,145 of 5,856
So you have the same "problem" as I'm having. The reason I asked was that I also have the Kann Cube, and I'm not having the same issue with the Cube. When I pause a song on the Cube for 10 minutes, it still plays instantly when I hit the play button.
You should ask @JasonNYC about that if that’s a normal behavior problem or not. To me I don’t really have an issue with that though

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #3,146 of 5,856
Where can one get some DSD512 samples? And I will have to go take a listen to the suggested track!

NativeDSD.com
The Mozart album is not available in DSD512 if I remember correctly. But the MQA release has that DSD smoothness, delicate tone texture and other qualities unlike other MQA releases where the presentation is a bit “coarse/aggressive”

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #3,147 of 5,856
@JasonNYC How exactly does the volume limit function work? Does it just display a warning at a fixed volume level (55?) regardless of what headphones you use?

Apr 9, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #3,150 of 5,856
i'm still looking for FW 1.16 or 1.13. Anybody can help !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back