Astell&Kern Launches Three New Products to Start 2023
Feb 22, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #106 of 199
Apologize for the delay in answering. It was a holiday here in the US yesterday and stil catching up on things from the weekend and yesterday while also prepping for CanJam NYC this coming weekend.

Not sure I exactly understand the issue you are having. Are you saying when the CA1000T is shut off, the battery still drains? Also, your computer boots slowly if the CA1000T is connected to it?
No problem about the delayed reply, really don't worry! 🙂

Yes, both are correct:

- The CA1000T doesn't seem to turn off completely after I remove the charging cable and file cable. The result is that after a while (hours…) the battery level is lower. In fact, I can always see the battery level when I press the power button briefly (without turning the device on, of course).

- Yes, the PC starts up quite slowly after pressing the power button when the CA1000T is connected with other cables. Only with the original cable I do not have the problem. I have tried different USB rear ports and high quality cables. By pretty slow I mean: I press the power button, the monitor stays black for about 10 seconds, then the bios logo of the PC comes up. With the original cable, this process takes 2-3 seconds. Really strange!

– Oh so very importantly, when testing different cables and USB ports I found that sometimes the CA1000T just hangs when I turn it on. Only the "A" logo remains visible and I have to hold the power button down for 7 seconds and so. Then I have to remove the file cable briefly and the CA1000T starts up as usual. After that this doesn't happen anymore, that is: after this time worked, the CA1000T always turns on completely without problems - until I eventually change the cable/USB port again etc. This also happens with the original cable.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #107 of 199
No problem about the delayed reply, really don't worry! 🙂

Yes, both are correct:

- The CA1000T doesn't seem to turn off completely after I remove the charging cable and file cable. The result is that after a while (hours…) the battery level is lower. In fact, I can always see the battery level when I press the power button briefly (without turning the device on, of course).

- Yes, the PC starts up quite slowly after pressing the power button when the CA1000T is connected with other cables. Only with the original cable I do not have the problem. I have tried different USB rear ports and high quality cables. By pretty slow I mean: I press the power button, the monitor stays black for about 10 seconds, then the bios logo of the PC comes up. With the original cable, this process takes 2-3 seconds. Really strange!

– Oh so very importantly, when testing different cables and USB ports I found that sometimes the CA1000T just hangs when I turn it on. Only the "A" logo remains visible and I have to hold the power button down for 7 seconds and so. Then I have to remove the file cable briefly and the CA1000T starts up as usual. After that this doesn't happen anymore, that is: after this time worked, the CA1000T always turns on completely without problems - until I eventually change the cable/USB port again etc. This also happens with the original cable.
Thank you for the detailed info. I am not sure what the cause may be on any of those issues you are experiencing, especially the cabling issue as AK uses an industry standard cable, so it should not affect boot times if you use a different cable. I will need to pass this onto the dev team to research your issues and get back to you. It may not be until early next week before I know more,

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Feb 22, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #108 of 199
Thank you for the detailed info. I am not sure what the cause may be on any of those issues you are experiencing, especially the cabling issue as AK uses an industry standard cable, so it should not affect boot times if you use a different cable. I will need to pass this onto the dev team to research your issues and get back to you. It may not be until early next week before I know more,
You're very welcome, and thank you for your efforts! All this is actually quite strange. I don't think my device is defective in any way. Surely they are problems of firmware. Will be curious to hear what the dev team say.

Feb 22, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #109 of 199
You're very welcome, and thank you for your efforts! All this is actually quite strange. I don't think my device is defective in any way. Surely they are problems of firmware. Will be curious to hear what the dev team say.
Agree with you, most likely a firmware issue that will be resolved in the next firmware update, which should be released soon. Don't have an ETA on it yet. Will share once I do.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Feb 24, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #113 of 199
Feb 24, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #114 of 199
I'm now wondering if there are any new case options for the CA1000/1000T, all I've seen is the MITER case but a clear/smokey TPU would be great too.
Not really what you were asking for, but I got the Nanuk 903 the other day as a safe transport case, based on a suggestion by @Nogoodnamesleft for the CA1000. After removing the pre-cut (well, mostly) section and making a couple of extra cutouts with a sharp blade, it‘s a snug fit!

CFF7FCA8-30E3-481C-A1E9-4F9A08A8C88E.jpeg

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #115 of 199
Hopefully my CA1000T can finally ship out to me today, I waited a long time!

Edit: Moon Audio is now saying it will be delayed until March 3rd for shipping to US vendors.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #116 of 199
Not really what you were asking for, but I got the Nanuk 903 the other day as a safe transport case, based on a suggestion by @Nogoodnamesleft for the CA1000. After removing the pre-cut (well, mostly) section and making a couple of extra cutouts with a sharp blade, it‘s a snug fit!

CFF7FCA8-30E3-481C-A1E9-4F9A08A8C88E.jpeg
Wow… so here is the dumbest question you’ll hear today. Does it have a DAP included or would I put my SP3000 in like a docking station with amplification, etc?

I’ve wanted to get some TOTL headphones and I have no idea which ones to get that would pair with something like this or the SP3000. (Classical, opera, Pink Floyd, slo core, electronic, guitar, jazz… no rap or heavy bass)

I have a feeling that my SP3000 isn’t adequate to drive some cans, since I need to take it up into the 90-100% range or more with my Audeze LCD-2s.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #117 of 199
Wow… so here is the dumbest question you’ll hear today. Does it have a DAP included or would I put my SP3000 in like a docking station with amplification, etc?

I’ve wanted to get some TOTL headphones and I have no idea which ones to get that would pair with something like this or the SP3000. (Classical, opera, Pink Floyd, slo core, electronic, guitar, jazz… no rap or heavy bass)

I have a feeling that my SP3000 isn’t adequate to drive some cans, since I need to take it up into the 90-100% range or more with my Audeze LCD-2s.
Yes, it is a DAP, DAC, multi-amp Swiss Army knife-type device! With streaming, storage (256GB + micro SD), Roon-ready and powerful and configurable amplification it's all that's needed for a great quality music device. Just add headphones. As to which ones, that's a tricky one. Personally, after trying and/or owning quite a few "flagship" headphones (Utopia, Elite, LCD-4 etc) I have now happily settled on Sennheiser HD800S. However, getting the sound signature I like involved using Roon's parametric EQ, based on recommendations by Oratory1990, with a couple of minor tweaks. There's really no substitute for trying to get extended home demos if at all possible.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #118 of 199

You probably know by now but it is not a docking station, it is a built in player with a flippable display which has the latest Astell&Kern player UI.
Essential a beefy transportable desktop DAC/AMP with a built in movable display.

Feb 28, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #120 of 199
Wow sounds amazing. Makes me wish I’d bought a different pocket DAP and got this one for my desk!
There is a reason why I'm in this market now, I could have gotten a SP3000, Shanling or iBasso DX300 MAX Ti and called it a day but I'm personally tired of that world where I'm mostly restricted to just IEMs (not that it was bad), I want to be able to use my 300Ohm cans too.

So these transportable desktop all-in-ones offer more flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back