Astell&Kern Launches New A&norma SR35 Player
Nov 2, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #421 of 616
I bought a PA 10 use with my SR35. Is there any way to lock it into Line Out so as to not have to activate the LO every time I turn it on?

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #422 of 616
I bought a PA 10 use with my SR35. Is there any way to lock it into Line Out so as to not have to activate the LO every time I turn it on?
There is no such possibility, trust this solution, it is for the safety of your headphones and your hearing.
With the "LO" mode turned on, you have full power at the output.
If you connect headphones by mistake in this mode, you may damage them or your hearing.

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #424 of 616
The performance however is nothing amazing, while it boots way faster than the X7 Mk.II which is agonizingly slow these days, it's not really faster during general use. It's not slow and usable for a DAP in my opinion but the M6 Ultra is considerably faster. I did however encounter a bottleneck on the SR35 at one point when trying to load a 24/384 FLAC file from a SD card and it took about 10 sec to start playing when the X7 Mk.II starts playing after just 1 sec. Probably some buffering that takes place in the SR35 but still annoying none the less. The M6 Ultra started playing this file immediately from the same SD card FYI.
This scares me a lot considering my 1TB SD Card is full of DSD files... Would like some more user inputs about this before buying the SR35...
Thanks in advance.

Nov 6, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #425 of 616
Got a 1.5TB SanDisk Ultra microSD into SR35.
It tooks a long while for the first time to scan the files, but one can play thru. folder without waiting for the scan to complete.

The scan itself was completed overnight.

I guess the unit will check to see if there is new files each time it powers up, but it will do it in the background and takes just a minute or two.

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #426 of 616
Got a 1.5TB SanDisk Ultra microSD into SR35.
It tooks a long while for the first time to scan the files, but one can play thru. folder without waiting for the scan to complete.

The scan itself was completed overnight.

I guess the unit will check to see if there is new files each time it powers up, but it will do it in the background and takes just a minute or two.
Do you have DSD files on that MicroSD and how fast do they start to play (after that initial scan) ?
If you turn off the SR35 the next time it takes 1 or 2 minutes to power up ? This would be very annoying...
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Nov 6, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #427 of 616
Do you have DSD files on that MicroSD and how fast do they start to play (after that initial scan) ?
If you turn off the SR35 the next time it takes 1 or 2 minutes to power up ? This would be very annoying...
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I'd say around 10 seconds from power up to being able to scroll down the folder to look for the flac/dsf files I want to play.

The initial scan at power up would take a long time of the card was inserted for the first time.

Scans at subsequent power up are probably a background process, does not freeze the unit, blocking me from scrolling down the folders looking for the songs to plays, and not noticing delay in playing files.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #428 of 616
I'd say around 10 seconds from power up to being able to scroll down the folder to look for the flac/dsf files I want to play.

The initial scan at power up would take a long time of the card was inserted for the first time.

Scans at subsequent power up are probably a background process, does not freeze the unit, blocking me from scrolling down the folders looking for the songs to plays, and not noticing delay in playing files.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info.
Could you please clarify the following difference:
10 seconds from power up to being able to scroll down the folder
Scans at subsequent power up are probably a background process, does not freeze the unit, blocking me from scrolling down the folders

Nov 6, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #432 of 616
Those 10 seconds are from “idle state” or from when the unit was completed shutted off.
Thanks again.

I just tried my SR35 from dead cold off. It was 30 seconds (from power button push) before the Home Screen displayed. I'll try again later to see if it's consistent.

Nov 6, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #433 of 616
From completely shutted off.

Better get a unit and try for yourself, I have never timed it with a stopwatch. I heard many "complains" about how lagging the UI is, but I found it acceptable.

I'm just trying to collect info before buying it !
Some reviews were a bit scaring but it's very good to have your input.
Thanks !

Nov 6, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #434 of 616
I just tried my SR35 from dead cold off. It was 30 seconds (from power button push) before the Home Screen displayed. I'll try again later to see if it's consistent.

2nd try was also 30 seconds. And yes, I actually timed it both times... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back