Astell&Kern Launches New A&norma SR35 Player
Aug 20, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #331 of 605
Hoping someone can help me here, maybe even with a couple of photos for clarity if possible.

I stream music only and don’t use any personally owned on board music files at all. I use both Apple Music and Tidal.

I understand on the SR35 the streaming apps are accessed through the Services menu and don’t have a home screen app icon like other typical Android players, I am using a Fiio M11 Plus at the moment.

If I don’t use the main player app for on board music files and only stream music what does the home screen have on it when powering on the SR35 and do I need to navigate through a couple of menu items to get to Tidal or Apple Music every time I use the SR35 ?

I like what I read about the SR35 but I don’t want to have the on board file player that is redundant to me visible every start up and I would prefer not to have to navigate through the menu to get to the streaming service apps.

Is the SR35 a good DAP for my use case ?

Anyone use the SR35 for streaming only ?

Aug 20, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #332 of 605
Hoping someone can help me here, maybe even with a couple of photos for clarity if possible.

I stream music only and don’t use any personally owned on board music files at all. I use both Apple Music and Tidal.

I understand on the SR35 the streaming apps are accessed through the Services menu and don’t have a home screen app icon like other typical Android players, I am using a Fiio M11 Plus at the moment.

If I don’t use the main player app for on board music files and only stream music what does the home screen have on it when powering on the SR35 and do I need to navigate through a couple of menu items to get to Tidal or Apple Music every time I use the SR35 ?

I like what I read about the SR35 but I don’t want to have the on board file player that is redundant to me visible every start up and I would prefer not to have to navigate through the menu to get to the streaming service apps.

Is the SR35 a good DAP for my use case ?

Anyone use the SR35 for streaming only ?

You pretty much got it spot on.
That’s exactly what you have to do from power up.

I haven’t inserted a SD card yet .
Don’t have a need to.
Streams perfectly well from Qobuz.

Impressed with the player so far.
Size is perfect.

Aug 20, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #333 of 605
You pretty much got it spot on.
That’s exactly what you have to do from power up.

I haven’t inserted a SD card yet .
Don’t have a need to.
Streams perfectly well from Qobuz.

Impressed with the player so far.
Size is perfect.

Thank you.

With no card and no on board music what is the first thing that is on the screen at power up ?

I don't mind going a couple of steps into a menu to get to streaming services but I don't want a redundant player greeting me every start up.

Can the player for on board music be disabled like on a typical Fiio for example so that on start up there is a menu screen, tap, tap and into Tidal ?

Could I trouble you to post each screen from boot up to Tidal running ?

Sorry to be a nuisance, I have just read so many bad things about the A and K user interface and I don't want to be stuck seeing features that I will never use every time I boot it up.

Aug 20, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #334 of 605
Thank you.

With no card and no on board music what is the first thing that is on the screen at power up ?

I don't mind going a couple of steps into a menu to get to streaming services but I don't want a redundant player greeting me every start up.

Can the player for on board music be disabled like on a typical Fiio for example so that on start up there is a menu screen, tap, tap and into Tidal ?

Could I trouble you to post each screen from boot up to Tidal running ?

Sorry to be a nuisance, I have just read so many bad things about the A and K user interface and I don't want to be stuck seeing features that I will never use every time I boot it up.
That’s from start up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 20, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #335 of 605
That’s from start up.

Great, thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

So you are basically stuck with the DAP opening in the player window and from there you have to navigate away a couple of menu tabs to get to the streaming services.

I don't mind the couple of taps to get to Tidal but it would irritate me that the DAP defaults to a player that I will never use since I only stream. If it could be set to ignore the player and open straight to the menu screen that would make more sense for my use case.

I guess I will keep looking for a similar size pure Android DAP like the Shanling M3 Ultra perhaps.

Aug 20, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #336 of 605
Great, thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

So you are basically stuck with the DAP opening in the player window and from there you have to navigate away a couple of menu tabs to get to the streaming services.

I don't mind the couple of taps to get to Tidal but it would irritate me that the DAP defaults to a player that I will never use since I only stream. If it could be set to ignore the player and open straight to the menu screen that would make more sense for my use case.

I guess I will keep looking for a similar size pure Android DAP like the Shanling M3 Ultra perhaps.
You always start on the home player screen. There is a shortcut button at the bottom of the screen that you can push that will take you directly to the streaming services screen. You cannot set the player to start on the services screen.

I don't have one in front of me to take pics, will do so in the morning if you are interested.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 20, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #337 of 605
You always start on the home player screen. There is a shortcut button at the bottom of the screen that you can push that will take you directly to the streaming services screen. You cannot set the player to start on the services screen.

I don't have one in front of me to take pics, will do so in the morning if you are interested.

Thank you Jason but I think I understand how it works.

If there is no way to bypass the player home screen and I would have to navigate away from a player I will never use at every boot up I think a more typical Android approach like on my current Fiio is probably better suited to my use case.

I might be over fussy but I know that will irritate me over time.

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #338 of 605
Can you download tidal music for off line listening?

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #339 of 605
Can you download tidal music for off line listening?

Copied from the first announcement page of this thread:

" Music streaming services including Qobuz, Tidal, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, and more are also available on the player. Offline content for supported apps can be stored in either internal or external player memory so you can listen to your favorite music streaming service tracks on the go. "

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #343 of 605
Hello @JasonNYC I just bought this unit and am really happy with how it sounds.

However I’m having a few issues with the SDcard loaded. I have just 10 Flac files saved on it and around 82GB of downloads from Qobuz.

Everything was working fine but since today the unit says “scanning media” and doesn’t play any of the offline Qobuz files while I turn off Wi-Fi.

Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Also, playing downloaded files back on Qubuz seem to click and pop from time to time (every few minutes)

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #344 of 605
Hello @JasonNYC I just bought this unit and am really happy with how it sounds.

However I’m having a few issues with the SDcard loaded. I have just 10 Flac files saved on it and around 82GB of downloads from Qobuz.

Everything was working fine but since today the unit says “scanning media” and doesn’t play any of the offline Qobuz files while I turn off Wi-Fi.

Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Also, playing downloaded files back on Qubuz seem to click and pop from time to time (every few minutes)
What version of the Qobuz app are you using? Has it been a while since you downloaded the tracks for offline listening? Qobuz requires that the tracks be played online at regualr intervals to reauthorize the downloaded offline tracks.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 30, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #345 of 605
What version of the Qobuz app are you using? Has it been a while since you downloaded the tracks for offline listening? Qobuz requires that the tracks be played online at regualr intervals to reauthorize the downloaded offline tracks.
Thanks for the super quick reply, Jason, much appreciated. The player is only a few days old so I just re-formatted the SD card and reset the device and it seems to be fine now. :) Great little device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back