Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
May 6, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #1,936 of 2,084
maybe I didnt give it enough time to search for a suitable channel.
But it works perfectly well with the split ssid in my home I will test when I am out and about.

I set up a 2.4 GHz guest network on my dual-band router for these single band devices which seems to have helped. No more trying to automatically switch bands.

Also if your router has a "roaming assistant", turn it off as it works by dropping connections with lower signal strength.

May 6, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #1,937 of 2,084
My player has been very laggy since the last update and the album art does not load when the player powers up until you press play. Never did either of these things before. The laggyness is nuts, takes a few seconds for the screen to come on when power button is pressed. Used to be snappy.

May 7, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #1,938 of 2,084
My player has been very laggy since the last update and the album art does not load when the player powers up until you press play. Never did either of these things before. The laggyness is nuts, takes a few seconds for the screen to come on when power button is pressed. Used to be snappy.
I don't stream at all and haven't noticed any changes with the last 2 updates. Maybe a system reset would help?

May 8, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #1,940 of 2,084
I have the same problem (with Astell Kern SR25). Does not apply to all albums, but especially albums with many tracks are affected, e.g. with Super Deluxe Sign O the times the album starts with song 32. ID3 tags are correct and also worked before the last firmware. @JasonNYC
I have some update to this issue - it seems if I play an album from [Album] list, then the song order will be correct. However, if I pick an Album from the [Genre] list and play it, the song order will be wrong.

I don't understand the logic behind this different behaviour, but this could explain why some people don't experience this issue (because they hardly used the [Genre] list).

It should be a simple bug to address. Hope A&K won't disappoint us and harm their image. Looking forward to see this annoying issue fixed soon.

May 21, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #1,943 of 2,084
Here comes the next Kann iteration ... Kann Max. Quad of ES9038Q2M's and a super high gain mode for 15 volts balanced ("no load")

Kann Max
Still obsolete hardware with an amazing 2.4Ghz wifi :scream: :scream: :scream:
No android 10 or newer to allow bitperfect/native DSD with Neutron Player/UAPP and modern DSP for a real parametric EQ like Poweramp EQ or even Wavelet.
Still no indication of real power available at 20 ohms for demanding Headphones like DCA Stealth.

Not for me... nothing really new for me compared to the Kann Alpha.

May 21, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #1,944 of 2,084
No android 10 or newer to allow bitperfect/native DSD with Neutron Player/UAPP and modern DSP for a real parametric EQ like Poweramp EQ or even Wavelet.
Still no indication of real power available at 20 ohms for demanding Headphones like DCA Stealth.

I'm not buying one either. Just posting as a heads up.

May 21, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #1,945 of 2,084

another joke from A&K they still making new daps with 2.4ghz wifi🤦🏽, and they price this crap $1299+ I mean really ⁉️

May 28, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #1,947 of 2,084
anyone here tried to install jet audio android?
Basically, you can only install apps A&K allow you to do and nothing else... so no chance to install such service which is not in the A&K list.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #1,949 of 2,084
The verdict:
I'm keeping Alpha.
I read somewhere here that Qudelix K5 receiver/external dac can be a solution for EQing Alpha on the go. Blasphemy. Bypassing the Alpha dac*2 is going down in SQ.
K5 is cool for a mobile phone to beef up the sound and allow more free play with the sound but by no means it's better than the Alpha as it is.
All Alpha needs is a bit of enhancement to the EQ component.
Well said and I couldn't agree more about the EQ. It does have other flaws/bugs that need addressing but EQ really need some massive upgrading. @JasonNYC please make it happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back