Astell & Kern Kann Ultra
Apr 14, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #76 of 79
hi, anyone have an idea how much of an upgrade it would be from AK SR25? sound wise.. if yes, how? thanks

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #77 of 79
How about the staging of the ultra is it about the same or larger in general?
Anyone owned the old kann max? Are there any significant sound changes with the ultra from max? I like my Max due to its compact portable size if the sound changes isnt significant i dont think i will upgrade to the bigger ultra.
I used to own all Kanns and now have Ultra. Of course it all depend on the DAC filter used, cable and your headphone, but to be honest Max was on par with Ultra. If I was given a choice I would probably keep Max as it had great synergy with my gear.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #78 of 79
hi, anyone have an idea how much of an upgrade it would be from AK SR25? sound wise.. if yes, how? thanks
I happen to upgrade from SR25 MK 1, it is very very far. The sound signature is very different that you need to listen and see whether you love it or not.
Technically, it is more than 20% improvements, roughly 30% according to my ears.
FR wise, sub-bass is deeper, more bump to low mid and mid bass. the rest is probably the same. My biggest complaint with SR25 is that it has a longer decay than my taste, Kann Ultra has a shorter decay but still feeling relaxed and effortless
UI is much better than SR25, more user friendly. It is also Roon Ready.

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #79 of 79
I happen to upgrade from SR25 MK 1, it is very very far. The sound signature is very different that you need to listen and see whether you love it or not.
Technically, it is more than 20% improvements, roughly 30% according to my ears.
FR wise, sub-bass is deeper, more bump to low mid and mid bass. the rest is probably the same. My biggest complaint with SR25 is that it has a longer decay than my taste, Kann Ultra has a shorter decay but still feeling relaxed and effortless
UI is much better than SR25, more user friendly. It is also Roon Ready.
thx for answer, yea software is sooo trash, but its still a music player, not fastest smart phone... thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back