Astell & Kern Kann MAX
Jun 4, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #452 of 551
It is absolutely fine. The AK connect app is a cool feature to link to your phone and your phone basically controls the playback library. I must confess though. I use mostly micro SD cards and fully downloaded music files. Not a streamer to the likes of Tidal etc.
I use a lot of my music with sd card but sometimes use Spotify( not for the sq, basically for the library). If I want sq use my music localy.

Jun 4, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #453 of 551
Astell&Kern Kann MAX - "MAX power is 15Vrms" and yet it requires an external amplifier on start ?
What is the model of portable amplifier on photo , class-A maybe?
Cypher Labs Algorithm Trio Portable Tube amplifier. Not of course necessary for IEMS, but that “tube sound” is quite lovely on my CA Atlas. On the other hand, this amp I feel is highly necessary for some full sized headphones. More refinement, space and vivid clarity in the amp staging. The MAX amp is ok, but some headphones as we know are far more demanding than others and it really doesn’t always have to do with just being able to drive the headphones. 😌

Jun 13, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #455 of 551
Has anyone had a chance to compare the Kann Max to the Fiio M15s?

One of the reasons I'm asking is because both are one of few DAPs with multiple and high power levels.
Ive had the Max and now having m15s.
The Max is more analytical and has sharper edges around notes (typical AK sound sig).
The m15s is smoother and more laid back but has same dynamics.
Everything else is very similar.

Jun 13, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #459 of 551
But obviously Fiio is better UI, not lags?
@Gustavo1976 , @RIGATIO may be able to best answer that as he has used and heard both of them.

However from what I've read (only read not used), yes, the fiio has an excellent interface and system. Also it is a fully open android system whereas AKM only allows certain apps. However, what I infer is that while Fiio is fast and has better UI, AKM interface and speed is quite good enough for its purpose. Note this is just based on my reading and not actual experience. Just adding my inputs to help to the extent i can and since you asked me.

Jun 14, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #460 of 551
Max is here. I have problems only with bluetooth on ldac pairing smartphone.
16867482459553602097250782517805.jpg

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #463 of 551
I discover sleep mode on Ak Connect but no it does not work. After 10 minutes music stop.
Been thinking about this. Are you playing 1. local files on the AK or
2. are you playing an app on the AK? Or
3. playing music on the AK using say, AK Connect or from an app on your phone?

Reason I'm asking is, it's possible that if you are playing through an app on AK or phone, that then the app is being put to sleep due to regular battery management modes, in some android phones.

For eg. If the music is from an app on your phone, say AK Connect or another App, then check that it is not being battery optimized.

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #464 of 551
Been thinking about this. Are you playing 1. local files on the AK or
2. are you playing an app on the AK? Or
3. playing music on the AK using say, AK Connect or from an app on your phone?

Reason I'm asking is, it's possible that if you are playing through an app on AK or phone, that then the app is being put to sleep due to regular battery management modes, in some android phones.

For eg. If the music is from an app on your phone, say AK Connect or another App, then check that it is not being battery optimized.
Playing local file on sd card and I ve tried with AK Connect on and off. On both the same, 10 minutes and music stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back