Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Jan 25, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #2,281 of 2,698
I enjoy my KAAN for all the above stated reasons, but mostly for the enormous amount of storage. My collection is at almost 800gb and growing. In the KANN are a 1tb sd card and a 512gb microsd card. I have several ibasso daps who's sound I like a bit better than the KANN but not for any empirical reason, just my own preference. But never fear, on Monday i will be the owner of a SP2K that I think will allow me to put a bunch of that other stuff in the market. The thing I like best about the KANN is it's simple and stable user interface. So I hear the SP2K is like that as well. I will not miss at all the android crap in my music, and music alone, players.

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #2,285 of 2,698
haha i would love to look at ur wife player, care to show some photos of ur wife!!!! #StDuponts mane STYLES :wink:
With her pet snake
a85q8p1_460s.jpg

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #2,286 of 2,698
That's what makes it beautiful, just look at my wife, ugly can be beautiful (she doesn't read this forum) :)
I don't find the Kann ugly, just bulky. Ideally, I would prefer a smaller footprint, but I accept the size as a necessity to get all of the features the Kann provides (particularly power). However, the size was a dealbreaker for me with the Cube. The original Kann is at my outer limit of what I find an acceptable size for a portable player.

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #2,287 of 2,698
I too don't find it ugly, I find it interestingly attractive, none symmetrical is my thing and the buttons are very B&Oish. As for size I suppose we all use it differently, either mobile so yes the size would matter or just by your side sitting at home as I do so size unimportant . I love the size and weight and personally think it's design is for static listening but portable to take on holiday type of thing. To me it's a mobile small sized Hifi, if people want a fully mobile portable walk about device with all the streaming possibilities then look elsewhere, that's not an Astell&Kern Kann.

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #2,289 of 2,698
If yall dont find it ugly then whats the problem player? Must be bored for attention haha i'm not on here to make friends or chat with old people like yall about non sense! i dont think yall is asia anyways so it doesnt matter what yall think or like so move on and go listen to yall usa or uk crap HAHAHAHAHA

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #2,291 of 2,698
Was hoping we might get some kind of update from A&K as to how they plan to fix our players after their update caused so many issues but so far no response from the European support team at all and things seem to have gone quiet here as well. There are no official announcements on any A&K website that I can find so very tough to keep faith that help is coming.

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #2,293 of 2,698
Let's be patient guys, surely they are working on a solution, not only AK wants satisfied customers, they also wouldn't want hundreds of Kanns returned all around the world.

Sooner or later they will tell us what to do.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #2,295 of 2,698
We can hope that this is true but given that there is little to no public acknowledgement of the issue (this forum aside), no response from the regional support designated by A&K its tough to buy into the idea that help is just around the corner. Without clear communication returned players are the guaranteed outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back