Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Jan 21, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #2,206 of 2,698
I still didn't upgrade now will wait, before a do.
Try soft reset - While on, hold down the power button for 20 seconds. Player will shut down. Press power button again to turn on. This should clear up 90% of issues you may have, if the player freezes, ect. Will not erase anything.

Thanks for your answer but holding down the power button for 20 seconds and turning it back on again didn't help. It doesn't boot up.

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #2,208 of 2,698
Hello, i have Exatly the same problem after upgrading. 20 minutes with a rotating A. :frowning2:
Astell & Kern what have you done ?
I tend to never update firmware this day and age, if it works then just leave it, too much bad software writing about, so sorry as this is the last thing people effected want to hear. I have clicked the 'like' for both reporting update issues as such a big help to other users before the same problem happens for them. I'm sure Astell&Kern will fix this update issue fast.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #2,210 of 2,698
I'm sure Astell&Kern will fix this update issue fast.

They will probably release an updated firmware but what about those of us that already updated. I'll guess we have to send the player in on warranty.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #2,211 of 2,698
They will probably release an updated firmware but what about those of us that already updated. I'll guess we have to send the player in on warranty.
This may be a stupid remark but as I've never connected my Kann to my PC as prefer loading my files through card reader using 'Bart" I'm unsure what options you get but, would it not be possible to reflash previous firmware to it, older versions of firmware may be available somewhere. Sorry again if stupid advice just trying to help, I'd be devastated if this happened to me.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #2,213 of 2,698
would it not be possible to reflash previous firmware to it, older versions of firmware may be available somewhere.

How do I do that? I can't connect it to a PC, the PC won't recognize the player because of no boot up. Should I use the card reader in the player to refresh an older firmware? Sorry for these amateur questions but I'm a sort of a technical noob.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #2,217 of 2,698
Google trad is your friend.
In fact, there is no upgrade for our problem : all are OTA (by wifi).
You need to ask to iriver for it.
https://www.iriver.jp/support/form.php

Why do you insult me and take me for an idiot sending me a link that goes to a Japanese page. Well my friend I agree with you, it's very easy to do that sitting behind a computer screen and a keyboard. Good luck.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #2,219 of 2,698
Why do you insult me and take me for an idiot sending me a link that goes to a Japanese page. Well my friend I agree with you, it's very easy to do that sitting behind a computer screen and a keyboard. Good luck.
Sorry, I'm from Manchester, England we read Japanese as our main language, I've sorted many issues using Japanese sites for firmwares, I may have better knowledge than you using computers so if I manage why can't you. I'm trying to help mate.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #2,220 of 2,698
Hi everbody,

After updating my KANN to the latest firmware v.1.13 this morning the device won't boot up. It just shows the rotating A-sign on the boot screen for several hours. Anyone countered this same issue or have a solution? Would be much appreciated.
---------------------------
I updated it. It happened without problems. Installed, restarted by itself. General bug fixes. It also handles sd cards above 1TB. Looks like Tidal stayed on 1.2. (unfortunately offline / MQA is not included) But first they deal with it ... However, only the 1.12 firmware is available on the AK website. Interesting. JasonNY? :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back