Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 5, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #16 of 2,698
  Only @jude can shed light on this since he had the product at hand. But I think it's just another variant in the AK lineup, so quality wise should be similar with their other products as i'm sure they do not want to taint their own branding with a sub-par release...

Okay.  Sounds good.  Thank you.

All the best

Riley

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #21 of 2,698
I bet that some pre-existing AK owners are like thinking to themselves, "not buying until the KannCU/SS is released."

But, the looks is intriguing me....hope it sounds good. I mean, look at the LPG. Looks that only a mother could love, yet sounds pretty Damn impressive

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #22 of 2,698
Definitely,Not many with SD card out there,only Tera Player,Lotoo Paw Gold.
Can be used as USB DAC? Didn't see that mentioned.

Yes, nothing about that, but prob yes is my guess:beers::beers::beers:

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #26 of 2,698
  USB 3.0 Type-C Connection

First portable to offer Type-C USB

No : it's the Shanling M1 and Cayin i5 & N3 !! 
rolleyes.gif

Just... Horrible!! 
atsmile.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #29 of 2,698
  FYI, KANN is developed by another team of iriver, which means that they're just simply not belonging to the same product line,or to the same designer.It even doesn't relate to the 4th gen of AK.

Thanks for this piece of info. This device seems to have some features that I really love about the LPG and many more like; SD card, USB 3, larger battery for longer playback time, powerful inbuilt amp. Also, it looks like the device uses 2 separate ports for charging/USB transfer and USB DAC functionality respectively. 

While it is too early to judge, it seems like this team is on the right track in the sense that they are giving importance to what matters. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #30 of 2,698

While it is too early to judge, it seems like this team is on the right track in the sense that they are giving importance to what matters. 

I would agree.

At least the features of a transport are there.

If you want good looks, go to the Plenue 2 thread. Nice look, but... awful ergonomy (2 buttons at the top, more buttons on the side plus connections at the bottom = epic ergo fail, unless you have monkey hands), plus the limited capacity: 128Gb + 1 slot, same as Plenue 1, Plenue PM2, Plenue S...
Cowon feature progress = once every blue moon...

I take features and ergonomy over looks any day of the week when it comes to music.
And if this DAP has similar UI to AK2xx/3xx (no nonsense, fast), I'm sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back