Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
Aug 19, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #871 of 2,204
Might have to dump the two chargers I bought then. They are Qualcom 2.0 but the info says they will do 12V at 1 amp so as stated that could damage the cube

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #872 of 2,204
I'm using this to charge my note 9 so as KC, to use quick charge or not?

20190819_173255.jpg

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #873 of 2,204
FB_IMG_1566211375888.jpg
I have a friend that have this issue with his Kann Cube. He said it happens when getting outside from cold room. It look likes having moisture behind the display glass. He sent it to local dealer many times. (At last they told him to give them 5 days to check the unit). If anyone have suffer from the same issue, pls inform me how is it going on, did they exchanged new unit or replaced better display???
Here's a picture. He had a record the issue that showed to the local dealer. BTW we're in Viet Nam.
Will be update regularly with this issue.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #875 of 2,204
I have a friend that have this issue with his Kann Cube. He said it happens when getting outside from cold room. It look likes having moisture behind the display glass. He sent it to local dealer many times. (At last they told him to give them 5 days to check the unit). If anyone have suffer from the same issue, pls inform me how is it going on, did they exchanged new unit or replaced better display???
Here's a picture. He had a record the issue that showed to the local dealer. BTW we're in Viet Nam.
Have the same issue, still waiting for an answer from my local dealer who contacted Astell&Kern. May be @JasonNYC knows more.

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #876 of 2,204

Happened to my unit last night, played a few songs and click back to menu , albums and it was gone. :disappointed_relieved:

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #878 of 2,204
just did another comparo between Cube and TT2+Mscaler with LCD 4Z.

Id say the SQ improvement with TT2MSC is 60% to 70%... it is that much better. Incredible.

Cube sounded a little screechy in comparo.

Lets hope a hugo 3 gets us closer... I'd say it's going to take at least 3 to 5 years before we are reaching this level of SQ in hand held platforms based on current tech.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #883 of 2,204
That's your call, but it appears to be working for at least 2 people. I can't find the Quick Charge specs for this unit online, but based on the specs listed on the unit itself, I'm guessing this is Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible, so it's possible other Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible chargers would work as well.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #884 of 2,204
So is the the one we should be using for quick charge?
My Cube was connected to this one (to the green slot) when I made the picture with the 3 dashes in the battery pictogram. It is simply nice, and powerful.
https://www.ravpower.com/p/ravpower-30w-dual-usb-wall-charger.html
More exactly the European version:
https://www.ravpower.de/2-usb-qc3charge-black.html
Here is some inside view:
https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBpower%20Ravpower%2030W%20Dual%20SUB%20Turbo+%20wall%20charger%20UK.htmlt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back