Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
May 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #1,697 of 2,200
Not sure. I have purchased via computer, downloaded omto my NAS and then loaded via cable from the computer. Let me try it sometime this weekend and get back to you. I am sure there is an easier way.
Thank you!

Can I ask one other question? I’m having a problem with connecting to the internet using WiFi. Where I live, there are something like 100+ wifi networks, so unfortunately my home wifi doesn’t show up under “Settings”, “WiFi”. What I have tried doing is tapping on “Add a WiFi Network” and then I type in the name of my home WiFi where it says “Network SSID” and the cursor is before the text “Enter the SSID”. After I enter the WiFi name and the password... Nothing happens. Basically it seems like the Kann Cube just ignored all of it.

So at the moment I drive across town where I found a tea store that has free wifi. That works although there’s only maybe 3 wifi networks there so I just tap on the correct network name when it pops up in the list.

Surely there must be some way to connect to my home wifi...?

May 24, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #1,698 of 2,200
May 24, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,699 of 2,200
Thank you!

Can I ask one other question? I’m having a problem with connecting to the internet using WiFi. Where I live, there are something like 100+ wifi networks, so unfortunately my home wifi doesn’t show up under “Settings”, “WiFi”. What I have tried doing is tapping on “Add a WiFi Network” and then I type in the name of my home WiFi where it says “Network SSID” and the cursor is before the text “Enter the SSID”. After I enter the WiFi name and the password... Nothing happens. Basically it seems like the Kann Cube just ignored all of it.

So at the moment I drive across town where I found a tea store that has free wifi. That works although there’s only maybe 3 wifi networks there so I just tap on the correct network name when it pops up in the list.

hi,

from A&K website, the Wi-Fi seems to be pretty basic:

802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)

i not network expert, but maybe this will have issues with a 5 GHz/802.11 ac standard Wi-Fi connection
Thank you!

maybe something to do with the A&K cube wifi specs?
802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)

A&K cube does not support 5 gHz or 802.11ac, maybe this is issue? maybe networking person can help u more srry

May 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #1,700 of 2,200
hi,

from A&K website, the Wi-Fi seems to be pretty basic:

802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)

i not network expert, but maybe this will have issues with a 5 GHz/802.11 ac standard Wi-Fi connection

maybe something to do with the A&K cube wifi specs?
802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)

A&K cube does not support 5 gHz or 802.11ac, maybe this is issue? maybe networking person can help u more srry
Yes the Cube does not support 5 GHz...select the a different option

May 25, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #1,701 of 2,200
Thanks FlowLikeWater and subguy812. That probably completely explains what I’m seeing.

I wonder what JasonNYC is doing to load music from a NAS. That might be a good option for me if 802.11ac will not be supported. And it would make sense to me to not support ac on a wireless, battery-powered handheld. I imagine 802.11ac uses a tremendous amount of energy.

May 25, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #1,702 of 2,200
Thanks FlowLikeWater and subguy812. That probably completely explains what I’m seeing.

I wonder what JasonNYC is doing to load music from a NAS. That might be a good option for me if 802.11ac will not be supported. And it would make sense to me to not support ac on a wireless, battery-powered handheld. I imagine 802.11ac uses a tremendous amount of energy.
Na, it's just them cheaping out, the newer standards are more efficient. 802.11ax is coming out soon too with even more efficiency and bandwidth.

May 29, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #1,704 of 2,200
I have a Kann Cube.

It has the ability to install last.fm app using their OpenApp service.

However, when playing back local media (using the baked in player on the device) the running last.fm app does not appear to 'see' that those tracks are playing on the device.

Meanwhile, if i install another player on the device, like foobar200, it scrobbles, and sees the tracks playing.

It is my hypothesis this is because the baked in default player does not (in my perception) appear to leverage the android music playing notification system (the bar doesnt appear in the notification pull-down when playing back, nor do i see the notice hit the status bar of android at the top when a new track starts) - like foobar2000 does for example.

I have explored all the last.fm settings in the app, to try to make it aware of all music-playing sources on the device, but it appears to be effectively blind to any tracks executed by the baked in app on the kann cube.

Anyone have any advice for this?
@JasonNYC

May 30, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #1,705 of 2,200
I seem to be having an issue on my Kann Cube,where out of the blue, the title on my songs (placed in the SD card) changed (either font into a Chinese font, total typo,etc.), then you can't play that songs which titles have changed and soon I'll experience bootloop on the AK logo.
I've experienced it twice in a couple of months, and for the previous issues, I've resolved it by formatting the microSD card. I'm sure I can resolve this issue by reformatting the microSD card again, but I'd rather not see this problem and I would like to avoid reformatting every 2 months.
So what I would like to ask if whether this problem is on the software/hardware of the Kann Cube or either the microSD card itself?

BTW, the microSD card is a 128gb Transcend 330s high performance

May 30, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #1,706 of 2,200
I seem to be having an issue on my Kann Cube,where out of the blue, the title on my songs (placed in the SD card) changed (either font into a Chinese font, total typo,etc.), then you can't play that songs which titles have changed and soon I'll experience bootloop on the AK logo.
I've experienced it twice in a couple of months, and for the previous issues, I've resolved it by formatting the microSD card. I'm sure I can resolve this issue by reformatting the microSD card again, but I'd rather not see this problem and I would like to avoid reformatting every 2 months.
So what I would like to ask if whether this problem is on the software/hardware of the Kann Cube or either the microSD card itself?

BTW, the microSD card is a 128gb Transcend 330s high performance
Have you formatted the microSD card on the Kann Cube?

May 31, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #1,708 of 2,200
On my Kann Cube today, I couldn't access downloaded music on my side loaded Tidal app. After a few attempts to login, I keep getting a message about an unspecified network error, although the network connection is fine. (I have been able to log out and back in to the native Tidal service on the device) I saw a post on here about a Fiio device with similar problem and the solution was to reinstall the side loaded app. For some unknown reason, I thought that the side loaded app auto updated, but after a quick search found that mine in way out of date, so I downloaded the new file from APKpure.com
My question is how to update this file? It looks like I might lose my playlists etc if I just delete the old version and copy the new version into the open service folder...maybe this is the only way?

any help would be appreciated thanks,
Rusty

May 31, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #1,709 of 2,200
Thanks for the reply, I haven't been able to find the option to format the microSD card on the Kann Cube, but I found the "erase SD card" option on the system information, is this what you meant?
Yes, that is the one. For the Kann Cube it is important to have the card formatted in FAT32 format. When it is something else it might be still readable for a while, but with the time you get more and more corrupted files.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #1,710 of 2,200
Yes, that is the one. For the Kann Cube it is importamt to have the card formatted in FAT32 format. When it is something else it might be still readable for a while, but with the time you get more and more corrupted files.
Got it, just formatted the card,hopefully this solves the issue. Thanks for the solution,you're a lifesaver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back