Astell&Kern AK380
Dec 28, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #7,322 of 9,041
  Ak 380 cu 
Sound Natural and analog sound like tube amp

Ak 380 ss sound 
Better detail and clarity and has better bass impact
Like solid state amp

Found this information from King Rudi FB page. Can anyone confirm?

Really...if thats truth ,thank God i have the cu....because solid state like sound hi end daps they are so many

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #7,324 of 9,041
Hi,
I wanted to ask, has anyone experienced the same issue as I do with the ak380 cu + amp cu.
Sometimes when I'm listening music, the amp shuts down, I have to enable the amp function again to make it work, sometimes it happens several times until it stays enabled.
The amp temperature is warm not hot at all. I use the hifiman he1000 with the ak combo.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #7,325 of 9,041
Hi,
I wanted to ask, has anyone experienced the same issue as I do with the ak380 cu + amp cu.
Sometimes when I'm listening music, the amp shuts down, I have to enable the amp function again to make it work, sometimes it happens several times until it stays enabled.
The amp temperature is warm not hot at all. I use the hifiman he1000 with the ak combo.

This seems to be happening more and more with the Cu Amp. I get it too and I find putting a very thin piece of anti slip sponge / pad between the AK380 and the Amp addresses the problem. Mine got so bad to the point that that I lose the connection by just tilting it to one. With that anti slip sponge fitted in between, I no longer have this problem.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #7,326 of 9,041
You live in a country where the average apartment of 120odd square meters costs close to half a million without subsidies lol......

Trust me, people can and will pay when they want to......

Oh, most definitely. It will still retain its core segment.. although it might shrink a little.

Unless of course, A&K players enter the realm of the rich collector. They'll position AK DAPs as the ultimate in status symbols for the audiophile (or the audio-friendly rich kid).

But hey, I think we're almost there. 
wink.gif

I've personally predicted via messages within 5-10 years, $10,000 USD won't be unheard of for a flagship player.

We'll see if I'm right....

A few years back, sub $1,000 got you a TOTL DAP in the form of the DX100, AK100, et al. It's now $5,000. So yeah, $10,000 isn't that far off. Sad, but true.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #7,328 of 9,041
  I love my AK380.  I wish the amp was more powerful and delivered the bass impact you mention.

Yep. I too, needed a bit (lot) more oomph in the bass department. The AK380 is fantastic for what it is, but I'm hungry for more powerful lows, so an amp helps solve this issue. The only thing is, a stack isn't always convenient.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #7,330 of 9,041
  Hi,

​I had the same issue and found out that it was a problem within the (CU)amp, not the dap/amp connection. The amp was repaired already by A&K and works fine again.

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #7,331 of 9,041
This seems to be happening more and more with the Cu Amp. I get it too and I find putting a very thin piece of anti slip sponge / pad between the AK380 and the Amp addresses the problem. Mine got so bad to the point that that I lose the connection by just tilting it to one. With that anti slip sponge fitted in between, I no longer have this problem.

When listening music, my ak380 is laying on the table, in my case, I think it is not a contact problem because it usually happens after an hour or so.
Thank you for your help.

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #7,333 of 9,041
Its really amazing to see people on here supporting or even defending astell and kerns current business practices and totl devices with flawed justification.
Dont try to persuade others into buying these products, its negatively influencing the consumer audio market.

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #7,334 of 9,041
Its really amazing to see people on here supporting or even defending astell and kerns current business practices and totl devices with flawed justification.
Dont try to persuade others into buying these products, its negatively influencing the consumer audio market.

Its really amazing to see people on here putting down or even dissing astell and kerns current business practices and totl devices with flawed justification.
Dont try to dissuade others from buying these products, its negatively influencing the consumer audio market.

Amazing how just changing 3 words fixed your post. Kind of reflects how insightful and dense your forum contribution was. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #7,335 of 9,041

Hey Chris, nobody said AK were angels (how many companies are actually?) and I have my own reservations. That said, there will always be marketing for any given brand but at the end of the day, it's really up to the consumer to buy or not as they deem fit. Owners who have great experience with theirs will obviously recommend them to interested / keen buyers. It's natural and I do that too.

While value isn't the first word that comes to mind when AK is the subject, their products are usually a work of art (again, to each his own) and exclusivity does come at a price. Like the Vertu brand for example. There will always be this group / class in every type of product and there will always be a market for them, albeit niche at times but it's still business. As long as AK feels the market is there, they can tap into it however they deem fit.

Take the AK380 SS for example, personally I can't see where that would fit in. AK obviously see something I don't. I understand the SS will appeal to other people and that is good enough for AK to make / market them. I respect your views Chris but I don't think it's appropriate to tell others their justification is flawed and that they are negatively influencing the consumer audio market by recommending the AK brand. No hard feelings mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back