Astell&Kern AK380
Dec 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #7,278 of 9,040
i have connected the charge cable to my AK380 AMP, at the charging light is on, and it charge but when I check it is like if it doesn't enter fully (see picture)
is that normal ?

Dec 24, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #7,283 of 9,040

So this is why we went to war with the Na'vi on Pandora? Just to make some darned Astell & Kern music players? 
ph34r.gif

It was actually on Spotify, it was simply streamed from Pandora.  
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #7,284 of 9,040

Quick question - my AK380 sounds great through my full-size Audezes but are there IEMs that will sound better? I can't go for open-backed phones because of leakage and I've always assumed that full-sized phones would sound better than IEMs, but am I wrong?

I would recommend the JH Roxannes if you like Audeze. You can buy the AK branded one (on sale now) which comes with a balanced cable or get the new universal Roxanne from JH (not AK branded) which is a slimmer profile but no balanced cable. The Noble K10 is a fine choice as well around the same price as Roxannes and you would still want to get a balanced cable for it.

Wow - I'm knocked out by the price - they're more expensive than the Audezes - what goes into these things?

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #7,285 of 9,040

i have connected the charge cable to my AK380 AMP, at the charging light is on, and it charge but when I check it is like if it doesn't enter fully (see picture)
is that normal ?

Yup.

The charger socket in my AK380 does not fill me with confidence either.  I'm always worried I accidentally try to force it in the wrong way round - it's not very obvious.

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #7,286 of 9,040
The usb port on my AK (300) unit gets a right work out these days as it's used as a transport several times a day. Few paint chips developing around the port.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #7,288 of 9,040
You guys talking like it is an iphone or samsung galaxy ....

You are talking about dap for 4500 usd.. for me i think it is correct that they are limited edition... even the regular darulium body is limited if you see it in greater scale...

Just because ur friends irl or on the web own one.. doesnt make it popular...

Now is it limited to 200? I dont know but i think it is true.. 200 peices... that is too much if u r talking about ak daps.. 200 iphones? No that is silly.

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #7,290 of 9,040

Wow - I'm knocked out by the price - they're more expensive than the Audezes - what goes into these things?

A lot of BS goes into them, honestly. AK loves milking the audiophile market as much as possible. What improvements could the SS build bring to warrant a $1500 increase in price is beyond me or any sane person as well. $3500 is already an insane amount of money for a music player, let alone $5K. But hey, to each his own. Merry Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back